From:
Casper Harteveld <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Casper Harteveld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2017 01:30:06 -0500
This is the 2nd CFP for FDG 2017. Detailed information can be found on the
conference website <http://fdg2017.org>.

Note that we extended the *workshop and special events deadline to Feb 13*.

In light of current events in the USA, the organizers are exploring remote
participation for people in our community who are affected. A statement on
remote participation is posted on our website.

-------

FDG 2017: 2nd CALL FOR PAPERS

The 12th International Conference on the Foundations of Digital Games
(FDG), August 14-17, 2017, Cape Cod, MA (hosted by Northeastern University)

http://fdg2017.org

Conference theme: Celebrating the Player

The International Conference on the Foundations of Digital Games (FDG) is a
major international event that seeks to promote the exchange of information
concerning the foundations of digital games, technology used to develop
digital games, and the study of digital games and their design, broadly
construed. The goal of the conference is the advancement of the study of
digital games, including but not limited to new game technologies, critical
analysis, innovative designs, theories on play, empirical studies, and data
analysis.

This year’s conference theme focuses on Celebrating the Player. The field
of digital game research has made significant advances in the past decade,
from attempting to define what games are to developing techniques to create
content automatically. As such, the academic community has contributed to
the increasing growth, understanding, and diversity of digital games. This
year we want to challenge and expand research that improves theories and
methodologies around: the interaction between players and games, how games
are designed with the player in mind, how games are perceived by players,
how novel technologies enhance the player experience, and how games affect
players on a cognitive, behavioral and affective level. The aim of this
year’s conference is to bring together game researchers from a wide variety
of backgrounds and research interests to increase our understanding of
players. We welcome high quality conceptual, empirical, theoretical, and
methodological contributions.

FDG 2017 will include presentations of peer-reviewed papers (with rebuttal
process), invited talks by high-profile industry and academic leaders,
panels, workshops, and posters. The conference will also host a game
competition, tech demo session, and a doctoral consortium. Papers from past
FDG conferences have been included in the ACM Digital Library and we
anticipate that long papers, short papers, and posters from this year’s
conference will appear there as well. This year’s FDG conference will
nominate two papers with honorable mention and one best paper from each
track.

SUBMISSION DEADLINES

   -

   Workshop and Special Events proposal submissions: Monday February 13,
   2017
   -

   Full and Short Paper submissions: Monday March 6, 2017
   -

   Poster submissions: Monday April 17, 2017
   -

   Games, Demos, and Panel submissions: Monday May 1, 2017
   -

   Doctoral Consortium submissions: Monday March 27, 2017

Best wishes,

Casper

--
*Casper Harteveld, PhD*