From:
Tone Bratteteig <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tone Bratteteig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2018 14:41:13 +0100
[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CfP]

Dear Colleague,

This is an invitation to submit your research to the *10th Nordic
Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, NordiCHI 2018*, which will
take place in Oslo, Norway on Sept 29 - Oct 3, 2018.

The biannual NordiCHI conference is the main Nordic forum for
Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) research. NordiCHI addresses the HCI
field in a broad sense and is a meeting place for researchers from
academia and industry, designers, practitioners, educators and others
working within HCI and related disciplines. NordiCHI is organized in
collaboration with ACM SIGCHI.

*Keynote speakers* this year are:

- *Hans Peter Brondmo*, leader of robotics moonshot at Google X

- *Jeanette Blomberg*, principal researcher at IBM Almaden Research Center

- *Steven Jackson*, associate professor at Cornell University

*Submission deadlines:***

*15th of April 2018*: research papers (of variable length, 4-10 pages)

*2nd of May 2018*: all other types of submissions: work in progress
papers, posters, design cases, demos, future scenarios, practitioners &
industry experiences, workshops, tutorials, and doctoral colloquium.

A new submission category this year is work in progress papers for
presenting new research, see the NordiCHI 2018 web:
http://www.nordichi2018.org/

The theme of NordiCHI 2018 is revising the */life cycle/*. The theme
life cycles broadly address changes within the field of HCI. We want to
encourage reflections concerning the design process life cycles and how
increasingly complex entanglements of use and design transcend the old
divisions between design and use of interactive technologies.
Furthermore, critical reflections on the sustainability of digital
artifacts challenges a narrow view on technology life cycles from a
philosophical as well as an empirical point of view. Thinking about life
cycles foregrounds issues of temporality, permanence, and durability of
HCI concepts, methods, tools, and artifacts. We want to open up for
discussions about how the field changes and what we as a community
consider to matter most when we look to the future.

NordiCHI 2018 invites original papers that move the field of
human-computer interaction forward, be it through the advance of theory,
methodology, or practice. We invite submissions of high international
standard, presenting original work that significantly contributes to
research and practice of Human-Computer Interaction in its broadest
sense. Papers should be anonymized and formatted according to ACM SIGCHI
papers format. Submissions are made electronically through the
conference paper submission and reviewing system PCS (Precision
Conference System). Please note that the deadlines are firm and will not
be extended. Papers are peer reviewed in a double-blind review process.
Some submission categories will be reviewed by a jury of peers. Authors
must present accepted papers at the NordiCHI 2018 Conference, and
register for the conference for at least one day. Accepted manuscripts
appear in the Proceedings of NordiCHI 2018, which will be published in
the ACM Digital Library.

We hope you will join us in Oslo in September / October 2018!

Best regards,

Tone Bratteteig and Frode Eika Sandnes

General chairs NordiCHI 2018