[We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message]
CALL FOR PAPERS
The 14th International Conference on SIGNAL IMAGE TECHNOLOGY & INTERNET
BASED SYSTEMS (SITIS-2018)
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain, November 26–29, 2018
Submission deadline: *September 3, 2018*
Acceptance/Reject notification: October 19, 2018
Camera-ready: October 26, 2018
Author Registration: October 26, 2018
AIMS & SCOPE
The SITIS conference is dedicated to research on the technologies used to
represent, share and process information in various forms, ranging from
signal, image, and multimedia data to traditional structured data and
semi-structured data found in the web. SITIS spans two inter-related
research domains that increasingly play a key role in connecting systems
across network centric environments to allow distributed computing and
information sharing. SITIS 2018 aims to provide a forum for high quality
presentations on research activities centered on three main tracks and
* SIVT - Signal Image & Vision Technologies
The focus of the track is on recent developments in digital image and signal
processing, and pays particular attention to evolutions in image analysis,
audiovisual signal processing, coding and authentication, and retrieval
* I-WeCA - Intelligent Web Computing and Applications
The focus of the track is on emerging and novel concepts, architectures and
methodologies for information management, including the semantic web, big
data, and cloud computing. Finally, social networks have grown rapidly in
size and have witnessed a popular expansion to reach billions of users,
providing a suitable space for sharing data, interacting with other users
and forming communities with common interests.
* LHNA - Large, Heterogeneous Networks and their Applications
The track aims at promoting original and unpublished research works covering
emerging and novel concepts, technologies, applications for categories
related to large and heterogeneous networks. This includes issues related to
radio (4/5G) and large wireless networks, traffic management, complex
graphs, semantic Web, Big Data, and network security.
* CITIMA - Computational Intelligence Techniques for Industrial and Medical
* COMI - Colour and Multispectral Imaging
* DARWiN - Distributed, Autonomic and Robust Wireless Networks
* eLearning - Innovative eLearning Technologies
* HTBA - Human Tracking and Behaviour Analysis
* IWAIIP - Artificial Intelligent Approaches for Image Processing
* KARE - Knowledge Acquisition Reuse & Evaluation
* MIRA - Multimedia Information Retrieval and Applications
* NAMDAC - Numerical Algorithms and Methods for Data Analysis and
* OBIS - Open Business Intelligence Systems
* QUAMUS - Quality of Multimedia Services
* UBIO - Ubiquitous implicit BIOmetrics and health signals monitoring for
* VICTA - Visions on Internet of Cultural Things and Applications
* Andrea Cavallaro, Centre for Intelligent Sensing Director, School of Elec.
Eng and Computer Science, Queen Mary University of London, UK
Audio-visual learning and processing for body cameras.
* Marco Gori, Department of Information Engineering and Mathematics,
University of Siena, Italy
A Constrained-Based Approach to Machine Learning.
* Ernestina Menasalvas, Department of Computer Systems Languages and Sw
Engeneering, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain
Mining Electronic Health Records: Challenges and Impact.
SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
Papers must be up to 8 pages and follow IEEE double-column format.
Submissions will be peer-reviewed by at least 3 peer reviewers. Papers will
be evaluated based on relevance, significance, impact, originality,
technical soundness, and quality of presentation. At least one author should
attend the conference to present an accepted paper.
All papers accepted for presentation at the main tracks and workshops will
be included in the conference proceedings, which will be published by IEEE
Computer Society and referenced in Scopus, IEEE Xplore Digital Library, DBLP
and major indexes. Extended version of selected accepted papers will be
considered for publication in special issues of major journals.
Paper submission will only be online via SITIS 2018 submission site:
Gabriella Sanniti di Baja, National Research Council of Italy, Italy,
Foreign Member Royal Society of Sciences at Uppsala, Sweden
Modesto Castrillón Santana, University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
Local Organizing Chairs
Javier Lorenzo-Navarro, University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
Workshops General Chair
Luigi Gallo, National Research Council of Italy, Italy
Technical Program Committee
Please check the web site for the full list
Please check the web site for the further information.
We are looking forward to seeing you at SITIS 2018!
SITIS 2018 Organizing Committee
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org