From:
Rohit Ashok Khot <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rohit Ashok Khot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2018 21:49:05 +1100
*Dear all,We are organizing a Special Issue on *Human-Food Interaction* to
be published in the open access journal *Multimodal Technologies and
Interaction* (http://www.mdpi.com/journal/mti
<http://www.mdpi.com/journal/mti>) that may be of interest to you. This
special issue invites contributions from across disciplines, with a strong
focus on inter-/transdisciplinary research methods and innovative
exploration of food not only as matters of fact, but of concern.  The
article may be either a full paper or a communication based on your own
research in this area or maybe a focused review article on some aspect of
the subject. All submissions, including featured articles, will be subject
to peer review prior to publication online. As Guest Editors, we cordially
invite you to submit a manuscript for consideration and possible
publication in this issue. As a featured author, you will not be required
to pay the usual publication fee (Article Processing Charge).The deadline
for manuscript submission is *15 June 2018*. Please let us know if you are
interested in submitting within a week or so, it would greatly help the
management of the Special Issue. We would also appreciate if you could
forward this to your team members and colleagues who may also be interested
in the topic. Here are further details about the special issue: Human-Food
Interaction:While food has always played a crucial role in lives of all
living bodies, our contemporary concerns about food expand rapidly with
nascent technological, environmental, and social disruptions. For example,
digital and network technologies have been making fundamental changes to
how we live and die. The ways in which food is produced, prepared, and
consumed are transforming, from broader systemic changes such as
distribution and waste logistics to a new and experimental exploration of
designing material encounters with food, as seen in the rise of
gastrophysics as a transdisciplinary field of research and practice.
Technologies are also transforming diverse and complex socio-cultural
aspects of food. For example, values and practices of commensality and food
security, ethics around lab-grown meat and quantified nutrition, and new
creative and playful experiences around food. With food as a fundamental
desideratum for humans and more-than-humans, how might we engage with and
navigate the complex disciplinary, political, and cultural landscapes
through research? For more details please visit the
website:http://www.mdpi.com/journal/mti/special_issues/Human_Food_Interaction
<http://www.mdpi.com/journal/mti/special_issues/Human_Food_Interaction>Please
contact us if you have any questions or suggestions. Kind regards,Dr. Jaz
Hee-jeong Choi and Dr. Rohit Ashok KhotGuest Editor of Special Issue
“Human-Food Interaction”*

--
Kind regards,
Dr. Rohit Ashok Khot.

"Art in the blood is liable to take the strangest of forms."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

"Humans are creatures who spend their lives trying to convince themselves
their existence is not absurd."
- Albert Camus.