From:
Andruid Kerne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andruid Kerne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2018 21:56:19 -0500
*DIS Workshop Extended Deadline June 1: Designing Interactive Systems to
Support and Augment CreativityWe invite and encourage submissions to our
ACM DIS Workshop. Please submit a position paper (2-4 pages SIGCHI Extended
Abstracts), by June 1, describing methodological, theoretical, or
case-oriented contributions, by email, to <[log in to unmask]
<[log in to unmask]>>The aims of the workshop are to examine and discuss the
current state of research in designing interactive systems to support and
augment creative work, and to outline a roadmap for future research
initiatives. The workshop will explore methodological issues and
approaches, overarching trends and developments, exemplary cases, and
future initiatives to study and design systems and tools to augment
creative practices.This workshop will offer a forum for discussing the
current state of research into the design of creativity-augmenting systems,
and to build on this to discuss and outline a roadmap for future research
in this field. While an increasing number of researchers in the community
address topics in this field, we yet have a limited overview of the scope
and foci of these efforts. What we do know from recent surveys is that even
though research into creative uses of IT has grown, it skews towards
controlled experiments with novel tools developed by researchers; more-
over many contributions lack definitions of creativity, making it hard to
compare findings across studies.Our aim is with the workshop thus to
establish a forum for peers to discuss where we are at now, and how we can
best make progress from here. We will seek to foster discussions that
address both methodological and theoretical issues, e.g. how do we study
the use of digital systems to support creative practices, and how can we
understand this, as well as exemplary cases and potentials of novel
approaches and technologies.Workshop process:1) Participants will be
divided into sub-groups to read and comment on each others contributions
prior to the workshop, and to identify common points of interest.2)
Participants give a short presentation of their own work, as well as the
group- work, during the workshop.Workshop to be performed at ACM DIS in
Hong Kong, Sunday June 10.Andruid Kerne, Peter Dalsgaard, Kim Halskov,
Jonas Frich Pedersen, Michael Mose Biskjaer and Nic Lupfer*

--
andruid kerne, ph.d.
director, interface ecology lab

http://facebook.com/ecologylab

Interfaces are the multidimensional border zones through which the
interdependent relationships of people, activities, codes, components,
and systems are constituted. Interface ecology investigates the
dynamic interactions of media, cultures, and disciplines that
flow through interfaces.