Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2018 06:31:03 -0500
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Chris Frauenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Call for Submissions
Research & Design Competition
IDC’18 - Interaction Design and Children Conference 2018
19-22 June, Trondheim, Norway

Deadline: 6 Apr 2018
Notification 30 Apr 2018
http://idc-2018.org/research-design-competition/

In the first phase of this competition, children all over the world were invited to submit their ideas for future technologies that would celebrate diversity and foster social inclusion. We received an amazing range of ideas that are now the basis for the second stage of the competition.

We now invite researchers and designers to submit a design concept that responds to the same brief and builds on one or more of the ideas of children. Each submission should have the form of a 2-4 page summary (in SIGCHI Extended Abstract format), accompanied by a short, 1-minute video (uploaded to a publicly accessible website) that presents the concept to our child judges (think CHI madness made for kids).

Presentation & Prize
The winning submissions will be presented at the conference in Trondheim, Norway. The selected short papers will also be included in the conference proceedings and archived in the ACM digital library. We will also work with all winners to give the designs a broader audience by seeking publication in a magazine like ACM Interactions. The award ceremony will take place during the conference dinner.

How to submit and more information: http://idc-2018.org/research-design-competition/

Kiley Sobel & Chris Frauenberger
IDC’18 Research & Design Competition Chairs