CHI-RESOURCES Archives

ACM SIGCHI Resources (Mailing List)

CHI-RESOURCES@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Pranjal Jain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pranjal Jain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2021 18:04:36 -0400
Hello!

We are soliciting Panels for the CHI 2022 (https://chi2022.acm.org/) conference, which will take place in early May 2022 in New Orleans. Please check out the Panels CFP here:

https://chi2022.acm.org/for-authors/interacting-and-discussing/panels/

The deadline is not until December 16, 2021, but we wanted to give you plenty of notice to be able to curate your best and most exciting panel submissions!

Panels will be held in their own 60-minute session at the conference. For CHI 2022, panels can be either hybrid (held in-person with ability for panelists and attendees to participate virtually) or fully virtual.

A key feature of Panels is to highlight and discuss important issues in our community. The following list is a few examples that we have considered may be exciting for CHI 2022, but we look forward to receiving proposals based on your ideas, too.
- Lessons Learned from Covid-19’s Impact on HCI Research, Practice, and Community
- Race, Gender, Class, Disability, Culture, and Intersectionality in HCI
- Participatory Design and Community-Based Participatory Research Methods
- Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality / Extended Reality Futures
- Researcher Positionality in HCI Research and CHI Papers
- Ethical and Value-Based approaches to HCI Research and Design
- HCI and AI: Connections, Challenges, and Next Steps
- Building Solidarity among Academic and Tech Workers

Please reach out to us at [log in to unmask] if you have any questions.

- Panels co-chairs Oliver Haimson, Norman Makoto Su, and Kathryn Ringland

---
Your #CHI2022 Media Team
Emeline Brulé (EB), Pranjal Jain (PJ), and Simone Kriglstein (SK)