CHI-RESOURCES Archives

ACM SIGCHI Resources (Mailing List)

CHI-RESOURCES@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Steve Capano <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:23:07 -0500
Dear Friends,

We wanted to announce our exhibit at the National Ergonomic conference at Caesar's Palace Las Vegas, December 10-12th 2002.
BOOTH # 427
http://www.ergoexpo.com/index_nece.asp

In 2002, we have completed studies on our product, the RollerMouse.
October   2002 - 5% increase in productivity in just 2 weeks by saving time to reach for a mouse
September 2002 - 70% reduction in right wrist pain in 3 weeks of use.
May       2002 - 47% reduction in right upper arm/neck area pain in just 3 weeks of use

Visit http://www.contourdesign.com/rollermouse_press.htm to download PDF of the studies. If you have any questions or need  more information please don't hesitate to contact Contour Design.

Mike Wynn, Vice President and Ergonomics Engineer for Humantech states, „The results from our pilot study were very  promising. The RollerMouse effectively eliminated ergonomic risk related to reaching to the input device and showed a comfort  advantage over a standard 2- button mouse. Users were able to achieve faster data entry using the RollerMouse, averaging  almost 5% increased productivity. We're looking forward to conducting additional studies to confirm that these initial  results hold up in real work environments.“ Visit the link below to download PDF of study.  http://www.contourdesign.com/rollermouse/rollermouse-humantech-pre_study_report.8.30.021.pdf

RollerMouse Station™: For awkward reaching mouse injuries to shoulder, elbow, or wrist.
Our latest ergonomic mouse is called the Contour RollerMouse Station. The RollerMouse provides an innovative new alternative  to traditional computer mice that's remarkably simple to implement in any enterprise. Its ergonomic design keeps hands in the  optimal work zone, just below the spacebar of any keyboard… no more awkward or uncomfortable reaching for a mouse. And the  RollerMouse’s built-in ergonomic palm supports provide optimum comfort and safety. For more information on this product  please visit our web site at: http://www.contourdesign.com/rollermouse.htm

Perfit™ Mouse: For intensive mouse use related injuries to wrist and hand.
The Contour Perfit Mouse is the only mouse that gives you a Perfect Fit, no matter if your mousing hand is large or small,  right or left! The Contour Perfit Mouse comes in 5 sizes for the right hand and 3 for the left. For detailed information  please visit: http://www.contourdesign.com/perfit.htm

If you need any more information or would like to get a product to evaluate there is always a 30 day money back guarantee.  Please do not hesitate to contact one of our  ergonomic team members at extension 520 or email [log in to unmask]

For a F R E E workstation set-up guide visit http://www.contourdesign.com/perfit.htm

Best Regards,

Ergonomic Products Unit

800.462.6678 x 520