Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2019 08:57:40 +0000
Sender:
From:
Ricardo Campos <[log in to unmask]>
ECIR2020: Call for Volunteer Reviewers

We would like to invite applications from all members of the information retrieval research community to join and serve on the program committee (PC) of ECIR 2020. This call aims to broaden participation in the review process, and ensure the involvement of young, promising researchers with a strong technical background.

PC members provide constructive feedback to the authors and a detailed evaluation of 3-4 submissions to PC chairs to help form the technical program of ECIR 2020. Being a reviewer is a serious role as it serves as the frontline to ensure that rigorous, novel, and interesting scientific results get accepted and published while seriously flawed submissions do not. As such, reviewers can shape the progress and the direction of the research field in the long run.  We ask that applicant reviewers be ready to commit serious time and effort in reviewing each submission if accepted into the PC. The reviewing period will start on 15 October 2019 and run over 6 weeks until 30 November 2019.

To be selected as a reviewer, you must be an active researcher having published regularly in peer-reviewed, reputable conferences or journals over the past years, and have demonstrated expertise in one or more research areas in our call for papers.

Deadline: October 10, 2019

Apply here: https://forms.gle/cEfsMsFqj2fwD6Nq5