From:
Jeroen Peeters <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeroen Peeters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2019 13:58:33 +0000
Dear all,

Our apologies for cross postings.

We would like to call your attention to our TEI 2019 Studio, entitled “Hybrid Ways of Disseminating Design Research”. A one-day workshop on the Sunday preceding the TEI conference in Tempe, Arizona .This studio will constructively explore hybrid publication formats for the dissemination of interaction design research in an academic context. We start from the premise that there is a gap between the richness of the artefacts many of us create for our interaction design research and the formal publication formats that exist in an academic context today.

In this studio, we will prototype together in order to constructively address such questions. How can we design hybrid ways in which readers are (inter)actively involved in creating meaning as they engage with dissemination efforts within the field of design research? What are ways in which we might supplement or “hack” formal publication formats such as papers, to be more congruent with the work presented within those papers?

Please refer to the Studio website, www.hybridways.com<http://www.hybridways.com>, for more information, examples of related work and the call for participation. Or, feel free to contact us directly.

All the best, and hope to see you at TEI 2019!

Jeroen Peeters ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) and Rosa van der Veen ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)

Jeroen Peeters, Ph.D.
Senior Design Researcher
RISE Research Institutes of Sweden
RISE Interactive

m: +46 70 298 56 30
a: c/o Scharinska Villan, Storgatan 65, 903 30 Umeå, Sweden
w: www.ri.se<http://www.ri.se>  e: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>