Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 16:22:34 -0400
                      POSITION AVAILABLE
           Visiting Professor or Research Scientist
                    (starting August 2000)

The Human-Computer Interaction Lab (HCIL, http://www.cs.umd.edu/hcil)
anticipates funding for a Visiting Professor or Research Scientist starting
in late August 2000.  We are looking for a professional (with PhD degree)
with strong human-computer interaction research skills, preferably with a
computer science background.  This position could lead to a permanent
appointment in the Department of Computer Science, or other units.

This position is for someone that can work well in an interdisciplinary
team.  The successful candidate will be able to join existing projects,
have
ideas to start new projects, and write proposals for funding those
projects.
It does not necessarily require teaching, but candidates who could teach
one
or two HCI courses a year are preferrable.  The position has guaranteed
funding for one year, with the strong possibility of continued funding.

Our current research areas include information visualization, visual
interface design, embedded devices, digital libraries, children's
technology, educational simulations, and bio-informatics visualization.

Applications will be considered until July 15, or until the position is
filled.  Please send your resume to:

Janet Sumida ([log in to unmask])
Human-Computer Interaction Laboratory
A. V. Williams Building 3175
University of Maryland
College Park, MD  20742-3275

If you have questions about the positions, you may contact me.

  - Ben

| Prof. Ben Bederson        Computer Science Department           |
| [log in to unmask]       Human-Computer Interaction Lab (HCIL) |
| www.cs.umd.edu/~bederson  3171 A.V. Williams Building           |
| (301) 405-2764            University of Maryland                |
| (301) 405-6707 (FAX)      College Park, MD 20742                |