This is a kind reminder that the full paper submission for the ECSCW 2020 Conference is open and ONGOING. This year for the first time, the conference supports a continuous review process which will allow authors a longer time to revise their manuscript and achieve the high standard of the conference. Submitted papers will follow a standard journal review process and accepted submissions will be published in Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW): The Journal of Collaborative Computing and Work Practices, the most prestigious Journal of CSCW research. All papers accepted for publication by March 15 2020 will be presented at the conference.
Authors are invited to submit papers that help further the CSCW field of research addressing themes that include, but are not limited to:
* Empirical investigations of collaborative practices. Studies related to communication, collaboration, and social technologies, practices, or use.
* System design. Solutions to support cooperative work in increasingly complex, networked settings.
* Hardware, architectures, infrastructures, interaction design, technical foundations, algorithms, and/or toolkits that enable the building of new social and collaborative systems and experiences.
* Methodologies and tools for investigating human practices in building systems or studying their current and future use.
* Critical analysis or theory with relevance to study or design of collaborative settings and systems.
* Domain-specific social and collaborative applications, including applications to digital civics, grassroots movements, healthcare, transportation, ICT4D, sustainability, education, accessibility, global collaboration, or other domains.
* Analysis of the ethics and policy implications of socio-technical systems, the values that inform them, and the algorithms that shape them.
* Studies, prototypes, or other investigations that explore interactions across disciplines, distance, languages, generations, and cultures, to help understand how to transcend social, temporal, and/or spatial boundaries in computer-mediated communication and cooperation.
* Discussions and extrapolations of work-practices and technologies, which contribute to the core topics of ECSCW
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE.
ECSCW is a single-track conference that contributes to developing an interdisciplinary and global community, supported by the European Society for Socially Embedded Technologies, EUSSET, (https://www.eusset.eu/). The conference facilitates critical discussion across disciplinary and national borders in the field. An overview of earlier ECSCW conferences (and proceedings) is available at https://www.eusset.eu/events/ecscw/.
Important information about the review process:
For the first time, submissions to the full paper track of the ECSCW conference will undergo a continuous single-blind review process. The new process will allow authors to develop and refine stronger papers over a longer time period. Authors are encouraged to submit their manuscripts as soon as they are ready. Early submissions will allow for multiple Revise & Resubmit cycles (if necessary) and when ready result into earlier publication of the accepted manuscript in the Journal on Springer Online First, complete with DOI.
To be considered for presentation at ECSCW 2020, papers must at least reach the status Accepted but incomplete (i.e., it requires only minor formatting amendments) by March 15, 2020. The production-ready version must be submitted by April 12, 2020. If the paper does not reach this status, it will automatically be transferred to the batch of submissions for the next ECSCW conference, unless it is withdrawn or rejected.
Paper submissions should be formatted following the CSCW Journal Instructions for Authors available at: https://www.springer.com/computer/journal/10606. The length of the paper must correspond to the size of the contribution.
Manuscripts must be submitted at the link: https://www.editorialmanager.com/cosu. When submitting, please select ECSCW Contribution as the article type and follow the submission steps until the final manuscript upload.
For any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the ECSCW 2020 Programme Editors at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Antonella De Angeli, PhD
Professor of Human-Computer Interaction
Faculty of Computer Science
Free University of Bozen-Bolzano
Dominikanerplatz 3 - piazza Domenicani, 3
39100 - Italy UniBZ
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org