From:
Luke Hespanhol <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luke Hespanhol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2018 00:06:31 +0000
[Our apologies for cross-posting]

MAB 2018 Workshops

Call for Workshop Proposals

We are looking for people who are excited about the role of media and technology in the urban environment and want to share this excitement with an interdisciplinary audience.

The Media Architecture Biennale (http://mab18.org/) is a biannual event, featuring workshops, a conference and an exhibition, that attracts interaction designers, lighting designers, architects, artists, researchers and industry practitioners.

The workshops at the Media Architecture Biennale are an interactive, dynamic forum leading up to the conference and exhibition, with an opportunity for exchanging ideas, forming communities, sharing knowledge, inspirations, getting in touch, prototyping and networking.

The next Media Architecture Biennale will be held in Beijing, China, 13-16 November 2018. We welcome workshops on academic research, art and industry themes.

Topics of interest include:

  *   Urban HCI
  *   Urban prototyping
  *   Urban lighting
  *   Digital placemaking
  *   Participatory media architecture
  *   Digital cities
  *   Media facades
  *   Hacking urban spaces
  *   Digital street art
  *   Robotic Media Architecture
  *   Lighting technologies and products
  *   Industry case studies involving media architecture

Types of workshops:

  *   Theoretical discourse / urban observations
  *   Hands-on activities / co-creation / prototyping
  *   Show-and-tell / products and projects / Q&A

For inspiration, please have a look at the workshops held at MAB 2014 and MAB 2016:

http://mab14.mediaarchitecture.org/category/workshops-c/

http://mab16.org/pages/workshops_guide.php

Preparing your submission:

2-page proposal (ACM Extended Abstracts format<http://st.sigchi.org/sigchi-paper-template/SIGCHIExtendedAbstractsFormat.docx>) describing:

  *   Workshop title & theme
  *   How does your workshop integrate with the Media Architecture Biennale?
  *   Target audience
  *   Type and format of audience engagement (e.g., co-creation, theoretical, prototyping, etc.)
  *   Workshop length (half-day or full-day)
  *   Rough schedule draft
  *   Materials required

Send your workshop proposal as PDF via e-mail to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by May, 15th 2018.

Workshop Chairs:

Luke Hespanhol, The University of Sydney

Joel Fredericks, University of Technology Sydney

Glenda Amayo Caldwell, Queensland University of Technology

Dr Luke Hespanhol | Lecturer
The University of Sydney
School of Architecture, Design and Planning | Design Lab

Room 285, Wilkinson Building, G04 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
+61 2 8627 5412
[log in to unmask]  | sydney.edu.au<http://sydney.edu.au>

I acknowledge and pay respect to the traditional owners of the land on which I work, the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation. It is upon their ancestral lands that the University of Sydney is built.

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited.
If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.

Please think of our environment and only print this email if necessary.