due do several requests, we extend the deadline of this year’s Workshop on Recommenders in Tourism at ACM RecSys by one week to July 23rd, 2018! Please find the updated CfP below.
CfP: RecTour 2018
*Submission deadline: extended to July 23rd, 2018
Workshop on Recommenders in Tourism@ACM RecSys 2018
October 7th, 2018
*Call for Papers
RecTour 2018 will focus on the specific challenges for recommender systems in the tourism domain. The primary goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers and practitioners from different fields, e.g., tourism, recommender systems, user modelling, user interaction, mobile, ubiquitous and ambient technologies, artificial intelligence and web information systems, so as to discuss and illustrate challenges and applications of these technologies in tourism recommender systems of the future.
Important aspects and topics to be discussed evolve around (but are not limited to):
- Specific applications and case studies (evaluation);
- Specific methods and techniques for tourism recommenders;
- Novel ICT and its impact on travel and tourism;
- Integrating data from various sources (e.g., catalogues, Linked Open Data, and usage logs);
- Context and mobility in tourism;
- Tourist trip recommendation and route planning;
- Cold-start problem in the context of tourism recommenders;
- Preference elicitation in tourism;
- Emotions and tourism recommenders;
- All aspects related to the Interaction with personalized information systems in tourism
Submission deadline: extended to July 23rd, 2018
Notification: August 13th, 2018
Camera-ready deadline: August 27th, 2018
Deadlines refer to 11:59pm (Anywhere on Earth).
Submission types are long research papers reporting on complete research (8 pages plus up to one page references), short papers reporting on work in progress (4 pages plus up to one page references), position papers reflecting on emerging topics (2-4 pages), demonstration systems showcasing novel aspects or providing the opportunity to interact (demo papers: 2 pages) as well as project ideas discussing innovative research proposals and late breaking ideas (2-4 pages). Moreover, we specifically invite industry to submit relevant showcases as position or demo papers to the workshop.
RecTour 2018 submissions should be prepared in PDF format according to the standard double-column ACM SIG proceedings format. The peer review process is single-blind, i.e., all submissions should include information identifying the authors and their organizations. All submissions and reviews will be handled electronically through the EasyChair submission site: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=rectour2018.
All contributions must be relevant to the Call for Papers of RecTour 2018. Accepted papers will be included in the RecTour 2018 proceedings and published by CEUR Workshop Proceedings. However, at least one author of each accepted contribution must attend the workshop (otherwise this contribution will not appear in the proceedings of the workshop). After acceptance, no additional authors can be added.
- Julia Neidhardt, TU Vienna, Austria
- Wolfgang Wörndl, TU Munich, Germany
- Tsvi Kuflik, The University of Haifa, Israel
- Markus Zanker, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy
For more details visit http://www.ec.tuwien.ac.at/rectour2018/ or contact the organizers: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org