Sender:
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:55:18 +0000
From:
Peter Dalsgaard <[log in to unmask]>
CALL FOR PAPERS: DIGITAL TOOLS IN COLLABORATIVE CREATIVE WORK

A workshop at ACM Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (NordiCHI) 2018 on September 30, 2018, in Oslo, organized by the Centre for Digital Creativity, Aarhus University.

GOAL AND KEY THEMES OF THE WORKSHOP

The aim of this workshop is to examine and discuss the role and functions of digital tools in collaborative creative work. Consider a tool, or an assemblage of tools from a specific creative work practice. What specific functions does the tool / tool assemblage play? What does it help people accomplish? What opportunities does the tool / tool assemblage provide? And in what ways does it hinder collaborative creative work?

Based on themes identified in previous work, and on our findings from prior and ongoing research projects, the workshop will explore the design space pertaining to methodological, theoretical, use-oriented, and design-oriented challenges. We are open to incorporating further themes discovered in participants’ position papers.

We invite interested parties to both submit reports on their own experiences and insights contributing to our themes and questions, and also identify their own questions regarding the use of digital tools in collaborative creative practices.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

Participants must submit a position paper in relation to workshop themes to participate. This forms the basis for the presentations during the workshop and grounds the subsequent discussions. Submit a paper (2-4 pages SIGCHI Extended Abstracts) describing methodological, theoretical, or case-oriented contributions via email to lindsay.macdonald(at)cc.au.dk.

IMPORTANT DATES

Deadline for submissions: August 10, 2018
Notifications: August 17, 2018
Date of the workshop: September 30, 2018

For more information, please visit our workshop website: http://projects.au.dk/creativetools/workshop-digital-tools-in-collaborative-creative-work/

ORGANIZERS

Peter Dalsgaard, Aarhus University
Christian Remy, Aarhus University
Jonas Frich, Aarhus University
Lindsay MacDonald Vermeulen, Aarhus University
Michael Mose Biskjær, Aarhus University

We look forward to welcoming you in Oslo.