CHI-RESOURCES Archives

ACM SIGCHI Resources (Mailing List)

CHI-RESOURCES@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
David Heller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Heller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 23:10:11 -0800
Hi everyone,

Recently, I posted an article to Boxes and Arrows called "HTML's Time is
Over; Let's Move On". The response has been pretty big (not all positive
and that is a good thing) and I want to find a way to take advantage of
this momentum and do more with it. To start doing this I created an
e-mail list called webGUI. The list is about building GUIs for web
applications: How to get the most out of HTML; how to create a pattern
language for your apps; what new technologies are coming; what do we
need as designers from these technologies (tell the bigwigs what's going
on). These are just a few of the subjects I'm interested in having
people talk about, educate others, and support each other in designing.

I want this list to try to not replicate the discussions on the other
lists as much as possible and remain focused on the topic. Let's see if
we can make this work.

As background it might be good to read the article and skim through the
previous discussion that has taken place on Boxes and Arrows. Just set
your browser to:
http://www.boxesandarrows.com/archives/htmls_time_is_over_lets_move_on.p
hp

After that (or before if you like) just head to this URL where you can
subscribe. http://lists.htmhell.com/listinfo.cgi/webgui-htmhell.com

I look forward to a focused, intelligent, and exciting discussion. Feel
free to forward this responsibly to those whom you feel would be
interested.

-- dave

David Heller
Sr. User Interface Designer
Documentum: The Leader in Enterprise Content Management 925.600.5636

http://www.documentum.com/
AIM: bolinhanyc  //  Yahoo: dave_ux  //  MSN: [log in to unmask]

--"If it isn't useful, it will never be usable."