CHI-RESOURCES Archives

ACM SIGCHI Resources (Mailing List)

CHI-RESOURCES@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Louis Rosenfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Louis Rosenfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2011 14:44:52 -0500
(apologies for duplicate postings)

Interviewing users is fundamental to user experience work but, as *Steve
Portigal* cautions, we tend to take it for granted. Because it's based on
talking and listening, skills we *think* we have, we often wing it. Sadly,
we miss out on many of the wonderful opportunities our interviews should
reveal.

So we're thrilled that Steve <http://www.portigal.com/>, who's contributed
regular columns to *interactions <http://interactions.acm.org/>* and
*Core77<http://core77.com/>
,* has signed on to write a new Rosenfeld Media book, *The Art and Craft of
User Research Interviewing<http://rosenfeldmedia.com/books/user-interviews/>
,* to help UX practitioners really succeed with interviewing. Steve's book
will focus on helping practitioners to better understand users'
perspectives, and to rely upon rapport as the main ingredient in successful
user interviews.
You can keep up with the book's progress by visiting its *site*:
http://rosenfeldmedia.com/books/user-interviews/
...or *follow* @steveportigal <http://twitter.com/steveportigal> and
@rosenfeldmedia <http://twitter.com/rosenfeldmedia>
...or subscribe to its *RSS feed*:
http://feeds.rosenfeldmedia.com/user-interviews-book
...or be *notified* (and get a discount) when it goes on
sale<http://rosenfeldmedia.com/books/user-interviews/info/publication_notification/>
...or keep up with all Rosenfeld Media news by
subscribing<http://is.gd/y02T1Y>to our
*new newsletter*

Please help spread the word; many thanks!

cheers

Louis Rosenfeld :: http://louisrosenfeld.com :: @louisrosenfeld
Rosenfeld Media :: http://rosenfeldmedia.com :: @rosenfeldmedia