University of Maryland
Human-Computer Interaction Laboratory
20th Annual Symposium & Open House
May 29-30, 2003
The HCIL's 20th Annual Symposium & Open House activities will be held on
- Thursday, May 29 (Tutorials and Workshops) and
- Friday, May 30 (Talks and Demonstrations)
at the University of Maryland, College Park.
Come hear the presentations, participate in the discussions, and
see the latest human-computer interaction research and technologies!
Introduction to HCI
Introduction to Usability Testing
Introduction to Web Design
Interfaces for Mobile Devices
Information Visualization Evaluation
A reception will follow the workshops and tutorials.
Materials received by paying attendees will include:
- a copy of the new BOOK edited by Benjamin B. Bederson and Ben Shneiderman:
"The Craft of Information Visualization: Readings and Reflections",
- a DVD of our HCIL 2003 Video Reports,
- a set of recent TECHNICAL REPORTS and SLIDES from the talks,
- discounts on other books authored by HCIL faculty,
- a catered lunch.
To encourage student participation we offer free registration, without the
material package, to full time students.
Previous symposiums have attracted between 200 and 250 attendees.
For more information, go to http://www.cs.umd.edu/hcil/soh