From:
Philippe Palanque <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Philippe Palanque <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 17:56:19 +0100
                   DSV-IS 2000: 7th International Workshop on
        Design, Specification and Verification of Interactive Systems
                      Limerick, Ireland, June 5-6, 2000.

                ICSE Workshop in co-operation with EUROGRAPHICS
        Models in Design of Interactive Systems and Usability Evaluation

Theme
DSV-IS (Design, Specification and Verification of Interactive Systems) is
an international Workshop that has been organised every year since 1994.
The 7th DSV-IS workshop is organized in co-operation with Eurographics, as
previous years, but is linked with ICSE in order to facilitate greater
participation from people working in the Software Engineering field.
The workshop will provide a forum for the exchange of ideas on diverse
approaches to the design and implementation of interactive systems. The
particular focus of this year's event is on models (e.g. of devices, users,
tasks, contexts, architectures, etc. ) and their role in supporting the
design and development of interactive systems.
As in previous years, we maintain our interest in the use of formal
representations and their role in supporting the design, specification,
verification, validation and evaluation of interactive systems.
Contributions pertaining to less formal representations of interactive
system designs and model-based design approaches are also encouraged.

Submissions should be no longer than 6000 words. We plan to have informal
proceedings at the workshop and to publish post-workshop proceedings with
an International publisher.

The workshop aims to encourage an exchange of ideas between these different
research fields. In the workshop, we aim to review the state of art in the
field, to give a framework to evaluate current approaches, and to identify
promising research lines and the possible results which can be foreseen in
the next years.

Topics of interest are:
Model-based design of interactive systems
Task-based design of interactive systems
Formal description of user related properties
Cognitive models in interactive systems design
User interface architectures
User interface development environments
The role of representations (formal/informal) in the design of interactive
systems
Models of context of use
Specification-based evaluation of usability
Formal specification techniques for interactive systems
Models for Novel Interaction Techniques
Design of Interactive-Safety Critical Applications
Novel Techniques for Interacting with Formal Models
Usability Evaluation of Notations
UML and HCI
Software Architectures for User Interfaces

Program Co-chairs
Philippe Palanque, UniversitÚ Toulouse I, France
Fabio Patern˛, CNUCE-CNR, Italy

Program Committee
Ann Blandford, University of Middlesex, U.K.
Robert Jacob, Tufts University, U.S.A.
Alan Dix, University of Huddersfield and aQtive Ltd.
Peter Johnson, University of Bath, U.K.
David Duce, Rutherford Appleton Lab. - Oxford Brookes University, U.K.
Chris Johnson, University of Glasgow, U.K.
David Duke, University of York, U.K.
Panos Markopoulos, University of Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Giorgio Faconti, CNUCE-C.N.R., Italy
Fernando Mario Martins, University of Minho, Portugal
Miguel Gea, University of Granada, Spain
Angel Puerta, Stanford University and Red Whale, U.S.A.
Nicholas Graham, Queen's University, Canada
Jean Vanderdonckt, UniversitÚ Catholique de Louvain, Belgique
Michael Harrison, University of York, U.K.

Important dates:
        Submission by February 1, 2000
        Notification of acceptance by March 15, 2000.
        Workshop, June 5-6.

Proceedings:
The proceedings of the workshop will be published by an international
publisher after the worksop.

Information:
Please address manuscripts, requests for information to the workshop chairs :

Philippe Palanque UniversitÚ Toulouse I Place Anatole France, 31042
Toulouse Cedex, France +33 561 63 35 88 [log in to unmask]

Fabio Patern˛ CNUCE-CNR Via S. Maria, 36 56126 Pisa, Italy +39 050 593289

Previous DSV-IS:
All previous editions od DSV-IS workshops have been organised under the
auspices of Eurographics

DSV-1S'94       Monasterio Santa Croce, Carrara, Italy
DSV-IS'95       Chateau de Bonas, France
DSV-IS'96       UniversitÚ Notre Dame de la Paix, Namur, Belgique
DSV-IS'97       University of Granada, Spain
DSV-IS'98       Cosener's House, Abingdon, U.K.
DSV-IS'99       Braga, Portugal
| Philippe Palanque, Director, LIHS, UniversitÚ Toulouse 1  |
| 1, Place Anatole France,  F-31042 Toulouse cedex,  France |
| Tel: +33 (0)561 63 35 88       Fax: +33 (0)561 63 37 98   |
| http://lihs.univ-tlse1.fr/~palanque                       |