From:
Guy Schofield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Guy Schofield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2018 09:10:56 +0100
CALL FOR VOLUNTEER ASSOCIATE CHAIRS (ACs) – Applications for the Program
Committee of TVX 2019

*ACM TVX 2019*
*International Conference on Interactive Experiences for Television and
Online Video*

*5-7 June 2019 Manchester UK*
*https://tvx.acm.org/2019/ <https://tvx.acm.org/2019/>********

We welcome applications to become part of the TVX 2019 Program Committee
(PC), as Associate Chair (AC). ACs play a key role in the submission and
review process and help the PC chairs in shaping the long and short papers
program of the conference. The application is open to all members of the
community, from both industry and academia, who feel they can contribute to
this team. Our aim is to broaden participation, ensuring a diverse Program
Committee, and to help widen the ACM TVX community to include a full range
of perspectives.

This call is open to new Associate Chairs and to those who have been
Associate Chairs in previous years and want to be an Associate Chair again
for TVX2019. Please fill out the form linked below by the deadline.

* Application form:  https://goo.gl/forms/M60YOcKG1Zgviplp1

*The application deadline is November 5th, 2018

ACs will be responsible for arranging and coordinating reviews for around 3
or 4 submissions in the main Full and Short Papers track of ACM TVX 2019,
as well as attending the virtual Program Committee meeting in mid-March
2019.

We welcome applications from academics, industrial practitioners, and
senior PhD students, who have expertise in HCI, Multimedia, Social
Computing, User Experience, Systems, Artificial Intelligence, and related
areas, and who have an interest in topics related to interactive
experiences for television or online video. Applicants should have an
expertise or interest in one or more topics in our call for papers:
https://tvx.acm.org/2019/participation/long-and-short-paper/

After the application deadline, the applicants will be considered and
selected for ACs, and the PC Chairs may invite additional ACs to integrate
the team. The ultimate goal is to reach a balanced, diverse and inclusive
PC team in terms of fields of expertise, experience and perspectives, both
from academia and industry.

ACs will also have the opportunity to mentor a small number of authors
submitting work to TVX for the first time. This is a great way of
increasing access to TVX for early career authors.

For up to date information and further details please refer to our website:
https://tvx.acm.org/2019/

or get in touch with the Inclusion Chairs:
Mariana Lopez, University of York
Si Jung “SJ” Kim, UNLV
at: [log in to unmask]

In collaboration with the Program Chairs:
Guy Schofield, University of York
Radu-Daniel Vatavu, University of Suceava
-

*JOIN OUR MAILING LIST*

Join our mailing list ([log in to unmask]) using the
subscription form on https://tvx.acm.org/sc/ or by sending a mail to
[log in to unmask] with the following text in the body of the mail:
"subscribe tvx-announce Firstname Lastname".

------------------------
Dr Guy Schofield
Lecturer in Image Processing
Programme Director: MA/MSc Postproduction with Visual Effects
TFTV/228
Department of Theatre, Film and Television
University of York

My advice and feedback sessions during Autumn Term 2018 are on Wednesday
morning (between 0900 and 1200). Please email me in advance if you would
like to arrange a meeting.

E: [log in to unmask]
T: +44(0)1904 325275