From:
Melanie Tory <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2019 01:55:32 +0000
ACM Interactive Surfaces and Spaces (ISS, formerly ACM ITS) will take place from Nov 10-13, 2019, in Daejeon, Korea (https://iss2019.acm.org <https://iss2019.acm.org/>).

This year, as in previous years, we are inviting self-nominations for membership of the Technical Program Committee. Successful applicants will be responsible for arranging and coordinating 6-10 reviews submissions in the full papers and note track of the conference. Our aim is promote diversity of the Technical Program Committee, and to help widen the ACM ISS community to include a wide range of perspectives.

We welcome applications from academics, industrial practitioners, researchers and senior doctoral students who have expertise in research on interactive surfaces, spaces and related fields. It is the responsibility of applicants to demonstrate their track record and suitability, including expertise or interest in at least one or more of the following topics related to interactive surfaces:
Real-world applications of interactive surfaces and/or spaces in specific domains (public spaces, education, science, business, entertainment, health, art, homes, etc.)
Large display interfaces and multi-display environments
Gesture-based interfaces (hands, finger, body)
Multi-modal interfaces
Tangible user interfaces
Novel interaction techniques and paradigms
Interaction with mobile and body-worn devices
Non-traditional interactive surfaces such as curved, sand, and water interfaces
Interactive 3D spaces (Virtual, Augmented, and Mixed Reality, mid-air displays, ...)
Large scale and outdoor interactive spaces (projected interfaces, drones, ...)
Interactive architecture
Beyond traditional surfaces: shape-changing and actuated surfaces, body-related...
Information visualization / data presentation with interactive surfaces and spaces
Software engineering methods and frameworks
Social aspects and protocols related to interacting with surfaces and spaces
Interactive surfaces and spaces that support group work or social interaction
Hardware, including sensing and input technologies with novel capabilities, and results from maker communities
Human-centered design and methodologies related to interactive surfaces and spaces
Empirical evaluations of novel interactive surfaces and/or spaces designs
Evaluations of deployed interactive surfaces and/or spaces in specific domains (public spaces, education, science, business, entertainment, health, art, homes, etc.)

You can find a preliminary schedule of the critical dates for our reviewing process at the end of this message. The deadline for applications is March 15, 2019, notifications of acceptance will be sent out by the end of March 2019. Applications are welcomed via the submission form on the following page: https://goo.gl/forms/ObLGpKiASYzq1YF93 <https://goo.gl/forms/ObLGpKiASYzq1YF93>
 It is our plan to recruit at least 25% of the Technical Program Committee through this process. If you have any queries or questions, please direct them to our program chairs Gerard Jounghyun Kim, Stacey Scott, and Melanie Tory ([log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> ). Otherwise, we are very much looking forward to your application. Please note that the reviewing process will happen during the summer period (for many of you), but we must stress commitment is important and  availability during the Virtual PC Meeting is particularly  crucial (see preliminary dates below).

Please forward to anyone who may be interested in joining the PC.

With best wishes,

Gerard Jounghyun (Gerry) Kim, Stacey Scott and Melanie Tory, ISS 2019 PC Chairs

PRELIMINARY SCHEDULE:

Please note that because ISS is earlier this year than in 2018, the review schedule has been tightened.
The *tentative* schedule is as follows:

  June 28th, 2019:          	Abstract submission deadline for papers and notes
  July 5th, 2019:               	Submission deadline for papers and notes
  June 28th-July 5th:	Bidding for reviews
  July 19th, 2019:            	Deadline for PC members to assign external reviewers
  Aug 9th, 2018:              	External review deadline
  Aug 16th, 2019:            	Meta-review deadline
  Aug 21st-22nd, 2019:          *Virtual PC meeting (you must be available)*
  Aug 23rd, 2019:            	Author notifications
  Sept 8th, 2018:            	Camera ready deadline