Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2019 00:05:20 +0100
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Björn Schuller <[log in to unmask]>
Welcome to INTERSPEECH 2019 -  Willkommen in Graz, Austria, Sept 15-19, 2019
https://www.interspeech2019.org <https://www.interspeech2019.org/>
INTERSPEECH is the world‘s largest and most comprehensive conference on the science and technology of spoken language processing. INTERSPEECH conferences emphasize interdisciplinary approaches addressing all aspects of speech science and technology, ranging from basic theories to advanced applications. In addition to regular oral and poster sessions, INTERSPEECH 2019 will feature plenary talks by internationally renowned experts, tutorials, survey presentations, special sessions and challenges, show & tell sessions, and exhibits. A number of satellite events will also take place a round INTERSPEECH 2019.

Crossroads of Speech and Language - Our conference theme comprises three key elements important in speech research today: language diversity, diversity of applications, and diversity of representation.  A complete list of the scientific areas and topics including special sessions is available at https://www.interspeech2019.org/calls/areas-and-topics/. <https://www.interspeech2019.org/calls/areas-and-topics/>
Important Dates Coming Up Soon

- Paper submission deadline: March 29, 2019
Our paper submission portal is open -  see https://www.interspeech2019 .org/authors/paper_submission/ <https://www.interspeech2019%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20.org/authors/paper_submission/>
- Early-bird deadline for exhibitors: March 31, 2019
See http://www.interspeech2019.org/sponsorship_and_exhibition/letter_to_our_partners <http://www.interspeech2019.org/sponsorship_and_exhibition/letter_to_our%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20_partners>
- Proposals due for Show& Tell: April 26, 2019
See Call for Show & Tell Demonstrations at https://www.interspeech2019. org/calls/show_and_tell/ <https://www.interspeech2019.%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20org/calls/show_and_tell/>
- Proposals due for Survey Presentations: May 3, 2019
See Call for Survey Presentations at https://www.interspeech2019.org/calls/surveys/ <https://www.interspeech2019.org/calls/%20surveys/>
- Paper acceptance/rejection notification: June 17, 2019

- Graz Convention Bureau hotel booking deadline: August 1, 2019
Rooms will go fast - don't delay your booking! See https://www.interspeech2019.org/venue_and_travel/accomodation/ <https://www.interspeech2019.org/venue_and_travel/accomodation/>
INTERSPEECH 2019 is the 20th Annual Conference of the International Speech Communication Association ISCA and this anniversary edition will introduce several innovative features. These innovations will certainly contribute to raise the attractiveness of the conference beyond the high levels developed already over the past two decades:

With the highly appreciated support by our generous sponsors, we are able to lower the fees for both full and student registrations. As ISCA will continue its tradition of supporting a sizeable number of student travel grants, we are confident to raise the number of participants to a new all-time record.

Childcare – the INTERSPEECH Kids: Bring your family along to Graz, Austria! Childcare will be provided free of charge for conference participants. For terms and conditions, see the conference webpage https://www.interspeech2019.org/venue_and_travel/childcare/ <https://www.interspeech2019.org/venue_and_travel/childcare/>. Furthermore, an INTERSPEECH parenting community has been set up on the collaboration platform Slack. To secure a place for your kids, we recommend to apply for either service at your earliest convenience by sending email to [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

For our Show & Tell Demonstrations we have evolved the submission format in order to improve the reviewing process. Therefore, next to a two-page description, we ask for the upload of a simple video of your demonstration that will help deciding which demonstrations will raise the highest interest at the conference. For more details see https://www.interspeech2019.org/calls/show_and_tell/ <https://www.interspeech2019.org/calls/show_and_tell/>.

Survey presentations  are a new addition to the technical program. They will be scheduled at the start of suitable oral presentation sessions, and will be allocated a 40-minute time slot for presentation and discussion. Presentations should aim to give an overview of the state-of-the-art for a specific topic covered by one or more of the main technical areas of the conference. The presenters will also be invited to submit survey papers to the ISCA supported journals of Computer, Speech and Language and Speech Communication. For further details, see our Call for Survey Presentations https://www.interspeech2019.org/calls/surveys/ <https://www.interspeech2019.org/calls/surveys/>.

Hackathons will set a stimulating atmosphere for the most creative developers in our community and beyond: through jams and challenges, we will bring together some of our brightest minds, students who are speech science and technology aficionados and who come to Graz as conference participants, as well as students who are representing the highly interdisciplinary community of several partner universities in Graz and beyond. Watch out for details to appear soon on our website and if you are interested in particpating, get in touch with our hackathon chairs at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

We look forward to receiving your submissions and to your participation in INTERSPEECH 2019! We strive to make this a memorable event for all of you - one highlight to watch out for will be the Dancing INTERSPEECH Soirée, An Austrian Ballroom Extravaganza at Congress Graz. If you have time to arrive a few days earlier, you can enjoy the "Aufsteirern" festival of Styrian folk culture https://www.aufsteirern.at/aufsteirern/english-information/ <https://www.aufsteirern.at/aufsteirern/english-information/> and right after the conference the "Steirische Herbst" takes over - a contemporary arts festival of all genres https://www.steirischerherbst.at/en <https://www.steirischerherbst.at/en>.

Gernot Kubin and Zdravko Kačič (General Chairs)
Thomas Hain and Björn Schuller (Technical Program Chairs)