From:
Sunyoung Park <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sunyoung Park <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2019 15:32:20 -0400

Call for Participation for a Workshop on Exploring the Concept of Care
Networks for Designing Healthcare Technologies @ ECSCW. June 8th 2019 in
Salzburg, Austria

More Information: http://bit.ly/CareNetworksWS

In conjunction with ECSCW 2019: https://ecscw.eusset.eu/2019/

Co-sponoored by ACM Future of Computing Academy: https://www.acm.org/fca

The goal of this workshop is to explore the concept of care networks in
CSCW and to devise a plan for future research on healthcare technologies
and systems. We will discuss collaborative care situations that are better
understood by exploring various aspects of care networks including human
and non-human actors and roles. Our approach will be based on co-creation,
bringing diverse perspectives together to speak about the various
potentials as well as consequences of technologies that support care
networks.

CONTRIBUTING:

Prospective participants are invited to submit a 2-4 pages position paper
using the EUSSET template. Submissions should be sent to:
[log in to unmask] by April 8th 2019.

We expect position papers that discuss collaborative care networks,
including: case studies or reports on recent experiments or prototypes,
ethnographic fieldwork or qualitative studies, theoretical accounts, and
critical reflections. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:

   - Who/what cares or is involved in care?

   - How do different actors of a care network engage in care?

   - What tensions exist in care networks?

   - How are different perspectives integrated and negotiated?

   - How is the care network structured?

   - How do actors manage the multidirectional nature of care?

   - To what extent are care networks (de)centralized?

   - Does focusing on care networks change how we conceptualize care?

   - How to design for care networks?

   - How to incorporate different perspectives in design?

   - How to enable collaborative decision making for care networks?

   - What are methodological approaches or challenges to studying care
networks?

   - What else has been examined around care networks in the CSCW community?

IMPORTANT DATES:

April 8th 2019: Submission deadline

See more Information: http://bit.ly/CareNetworksWS

ORGANIZERS:

Sun Young Park, University of Michigan

Francisco Nunes, Fraunhofer Portugal AICOS

Andrew Berry, Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute

Ayşe Büyüktür, University of Michigan

Luigi De Russis, Politecnico di Torino

Mary Czerwinski, Microsoft Research

Woosuk Seo, University of Michigan