Please pardon for potential cross postings :) The deadline for the adjunct tracks has been extended for one week. The submission format is a 2-page abstract using SIGCONF format. Please feel free to share with interested personnel.
INVITATION: CALL FOR WORKSHOPS, TUTORIALS, POSTERS, DEMONSTRATIONS AND VIDEOS
The 8th ACM International Symposium on Pervasive Displays 2019
12-14 June 2019 in Palermo, Italy
For full CfPs, please check: http://pervasivedisplays.org/2019/submissions.html
As digital displays become pervasive, they become increasingly prevalent in many areas, including advertising, art, architecture, computing, engineering, entertainment, interaction design, sociology and urban life. Building on the success of the previous PerDis events, we are pleased to announce the call for adjunct tracks submissions. We invite material that reports on cutting-edge research in the broad spectrum of pervasive displays, from large interactive walls to wearable displays, from installations to personalised signage or mobile displays to urban visualisation to virtual and augmented reality technologies.
= WORKSHOPS (NEW!) & TUTORIALS =
We added workshops as a *NEW SESSION* in 2019. Workshops provide a unique opportunity to discuss ideas, challenges and new work in the area of pervasive displays. We want to encourage students to participate in workshops. Consequently, workshop proposals are encouraged, but not required, to consider catering to audiences that are still developing their expertise. On the other hand, tutorials offer a high-quality learning environment balancing emerging and established areas of research and practice on pervasive displays.
For both tracks, we invite proposals for half-day and full-day events that will be held on June 12, 2019.
The sessions will be open to all PerDis attendees, including those who registered for the whole event and those who registered for only one day. There is no separate participation fee for participating in workshops and/or tutorials.
= POSTERS, DEMOS AND VIDEOS =
These tracks present an opportunity to publish late-breaking results, technical descriptions, installations, smaller research contributions, and works-in-progress in a concise format. Possible formats are:
· POSTERS OR DEMOS: Accepted posters or demos will be displayed in a designated session, providing presenters with an opportunity to engage in discussions with other attendees around their research. Please note that we also consider demos which have been previously presented at another conference. However, respective abstracts will not be archived in the ACM Digital Library. Please notify the demo and video chairs if this is the case for your submission.
· VIDEOS: Five-minute video submissions showcasing novel visions, reflections, and studies within the focus areas of the symposium. Each video will be shown within a suitable single-track session, preceded by a short introduction from the corresponding video author, and followed by a short discussion with the audience.
= SUBMISSIONS =
Submission of workshops and tutorials proposals, as well as for posters, demos and video tracks, require the submission of an abstract.
· Format and length: An abstract using the SIGCONF template - max. 2 pages (INCLUDING references)
· Submission deadline: April 9 ==> APR 16, 2019 23:59 GMT
· Notification of acceptance: April 22 ==> APR 29, 2019
· Camera-ready submission: April 30 ==> MAY 03, 2019
· Symposium: June 12-14, 2019
Submissions should consist of original work that has not been previously published or concurrently under consideration for any other conference, workshop, journal, or other publication with an ISBN, ISSN or DOI number (see the exception for demonstrations). All material will be reviewed by an international panel of experts in the field of pervasive displays. Accepted submissions (including workshop and tutorials proposals) will be included in the conference proceedings and published in the ACM Digital Library after the conference.
= HAVE FURTHER QUESTIONS? =
· Please check detailed CfPs on http://pervasivedisplays.org/2019/submissions.html
· Contact the Workshops & Tutorials Chairs at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
· Contact the Posters Chairs at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
· Contact the Demos and Videos Chairs at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
NB: You have received this email because you have previously contributed as an author or a program committee member in earlier PERDIS conferences. We do not publicly share your email with other personnel. We only use it for further announcements regarding PerDis conferences. If you don't want to receive further messages, please write a blank email from your address with subject "UNSUBSCRIBE PERDIS 2019" to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Have a great day! :)
Passant Elagroudy, Publicity chair on behalf of PerDis19 Chairs
Passant El.Agroudy, M.Sc.
University of Stuttgart
Human Computer Interaction Group (MCI)
Institute for Visualization and Interactive Systems (VIS)
Stuttgart Research Center for Simulation Technology (SRC SimTech)
Phone: +49 (0) 711 685-60147
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org