From:
Ronald Böck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ronald Böck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2020 15:51:34 +0100
**** Apologies for cross-posting ****
**** Please feel free to distribute ****

Dear colleagues and students,

We are pleased to announce that the International Spring School on Situation Awareness in Cognitive Technologies (ISACT 2020) which will be held on April 4-8, 2020 in Rome, Italy.

http://isact.cogsy.de

Cognitive technology is a trending research direction that gained also a lot of interest from the industry in the recent years. To achieve relevant applications situation awareness is important to establish a grounded assessment of interactions, actions, etc. based on the environmental elements and corresponding events.  Therefore, the spring school's aim is to present the fundamental aspects of the cognitive technologies and the  ideas of situation awareness which can be also discussed in an interdisciplinary context. There are three main fields to consider: multimodal perception, comprehension/interpretation and projection/assessment. Besides theoretical aspects, issues on applications and implementations are discussed. For this, human-machine interaction (HMI) provides a link between theory and application which receives special attention in this spring school. Therefore, we invited experts introducing applications in the field of cognitive technologies and cognitive robotics. In between, especially situation awareness can be also based on research in neurosciences, in particular in Brain-(Machine) Interfaces. Therefore, we encourage the participants to contribute to experiments showing the neurological basics which are connected to assistance and HMI.

This year’s edition is intended for students on Master and early PhD level. In particular, attendees will be able to extend their knowledge in both theoretical and practical aspects of cognitive technologies and situation awareness such as:
- Cognitive theory
- Cognitive agents
- Human-Machine Interaction
- Brain-Machine Interfaces.

Since the ISACT 2020 will be held in conjunction with the IEEE International Conference on Human-Machine Systems (ICHMS), we invite all participants to submit a position paper on their research topic to the conference on  special deadline conditions.

The International Spring School on Situation Awareness in Cognitive Technologies is a great opportunity for you to learn about a new technologies and applications, meet other students, discuss your ideas with experts, participant on an international conference and simply enjoy your time in the city of Rome!

Important Dates:
Application Deadline: March 4th, 2020 (extended)
Notification of Acceptance: March 6th, 2020
Spring School Date: April 4-9th, 2020

Application:
The application deadline is February 24, 2020. For this, a motivational letter (two pages maximum) and a CV should be send to [log in to unmask] Further, we also accept applications for one of the ten available travel grants (up to an upper limit). The travel grant are intended to cover the travel costs to the summer school's venue. Therefore, the application has to provide an additional list of estimated travel costs to Rome.

Organising Committee:
Ronald Böck, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg
György Eigner, Obuda University
Andreas Nürnberger, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg

--
Dr.-Ing. Dipl.-Inf. Ronald Böck
FEIT IIKT-Cognitive Systems