From:
"Page, Xinru" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Page, Xinru
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2019 15:50:43 +0000
Reminder to register for the Industry & Academia Privacy Symposium by June 3! http://www.modern-privacy.org/ We've now also partnered with Future of Privacy Forum, a nonprofit dedicated to bridging industry, academics, consumer advocates, and other thought leaders to work towards workable business practices that support privacy.

We're pleased to announce the Industry & Academia Privacy Symposium on Monday, June 10th at Bentley University (greater Boston area) that will feature presentations and panels by leading privacy scholars, as well as practitioner perspectives on key online privacy challenges. The presenters are authors from a book to be released by Springer next year, "Modern Perspectives on Privacy". The event is open to the public and part of a larger joint effort to translate between academic research and practice in industry, and to make digital privacy research accessible. Thanks to sponsorship by BostonCHI, Bentley's Data Innovation Network, Advanced Distributed Learning, registration costs are subsidized (students, non-profits, and those with financial limitations are encouraged to contact us at [log in to unmask] for a complimentary registration). We also want to acknowledge our partnerships with Future of Privacy Forum and UXPA for their role in supporting the event.

Topics will include Privacy in Healthcare IT, Internet of Things, Privacy-Enhancing Technologies, Personalization, Cross-Cultural perspective, Vulnerable Populations, Ethics and Policy, and more. See our website for full details and list of authors.

Register by June 3: http://www.modern-privacy.org/