From:
Marcin Paprzycki <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marcin Paprzycki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 2020 11:34:52 +0200
FedCSIS 2020 Data Mining Competition

Challenge: Network Device Workload Prediction

FedCSIS 2020 Data Mining Challenge: Network Device Workload Prediction
is the seventh data mining competition organized in association with
Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems
(https://fedcsis.org/).

This time, the considered task is related to the monitoring of large IT
infrastructures and the estimation of their resource allocation. The
challenge is sponsored by EMCA Software and Polish Information
Processing Society (PTI).

************************* COVI-19 Information **************************

We would like to assure everybody that FedCSIS 2020 will take place, the
submitted and accepted papers will be published and sent for indexations
as usual. In case the conference cannot be staged in real setting of
beautiful Sofia, we will provide a virtual web-based avenue for it. We
look forward to receiving your contributions as usual and guarantee that
FedCSIS 2020 will be another memorable and rewarding conference.

FedCSIS organizers

Overview:

EMCA Software is a Polish vendor of Energy Logserver - a system capable
of collecting data from various log sources to provide in-depth data
analysis and alerting to its end-users. EMCA is based in Poland but also
operates in Nordics, APAC, and the USA, through the partner channels.
The company focuses on cybersecurity and IT infrastructure monitoring
use cases, intending to deliver a system that is ready-to-use and offers
inbox correlations and predictions on monitored data.

By this challenge, we want to help EMCA to answer the question of
whether it is possible to reliably predict workload-related
characteristics of monitored devices, based on historical data gathered
from such devices. This task is of paramount importance for IT and
technical teams that can put their hands on a tool that allows them to
manage the capacity of their infrastructure.

An additional difficulty within this challenge, and also the reason why
it might be especially interesting for the data science community,
arises from the fact that devices considered in the data are not
uniform. In essence, logs cover readings from various types of hardware.
Some of them are cross-dependent, as they are a part of the same IT
system. Moreover, some devices have multiple interfaces for which the
data is aggregated.

More details regarding the task and a description of the challenge data
can be found in the Task description section (see:
https://knowledgepit.ml/fedcsis20-challenge/)

Result presentation:

Special session at FedCSIS 2020: As in previous years, a special session
devoted to the competition will be held at the conference. We will
invite authors of selected challenge reports to extend them for
publication in the conference proceedings (after reviews by Organizing
Committee members) and presentation at the conference. The papers will
be indexed by the IEEE Digital Library and Web of Science. The invited
teams will be chosen based on their final rank, innovativeness of their
approach, and quality of the submitted report.

Awards:

Authors of the top-ranked solutions (based on the final evaluation
scores) will be awarded prizes funded by our sponsors:

First Prize: 1500 USD + one free FedCSIS'20 conference registration,
Second Prize: 1000 USD + one free FedCSIS'20 conference registration,
Third Prize: 500 USD + one free FedCSIS'20 conference registration.
The award ceremony will take place during the FedCSIS'20 conference.
Please note that the winners will only be eligible for the money prizes
only if their final score exceeds the baseline solution score by at
least 10%.

Contact information:

For all details, see: https://knowledgepit.ml/fedcsis20-challenge/
or contact:
Piotr Biczyk <[log in to unmask]>
Andrzej Janusz <[log in to unmask]>

--
Ta wiadomość e-mail została sprawdzona pod kątem wirusów przez oprogramowanie AVG.
http://www.avg.com