From:
Le Liang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2021 22:07:25 +0800
Dear colleague,

We’d like to invite you to submit your paper to the Ubicomp 2021 Workshop
on Combining Physical and Data-driven Knowledge in Ubiquitous Computing
(CPD).

The goal of the workshop is to explore the intersection between (and the
combination of) data and physical knowledge. The workshop aims to bring
together domain experts that explore the physical understanding of the
data, practitioners that develop systems, and the researchers in
traditional data-driven domains. The workshop welcomes papers, which focus
on addressing these issues in different applications/domains as well as
algorithmic and systematic approaches to applying physical knowledge.
Therefore, we further seek to develop a community that systematically
analyzes the data quality regarding inference and evaluates the
improvements from physical knowledge. Preliminary and on-going work is
welcomed.  Accepted papers are invited to be extended for a journal
submission at (1) Digital Signal Processing: A Review Journal; and (2)
Intelligent and Converged Networks

For more details, please check our website:
https://ubicomp-cpd.com/2021.html
Topics of interests include, but are not limited to:

   - - Innovations in learning algorithms that combine physical knowledge
   or models for sensor perception and understanding
   - - Experiences, challenges, analysis, and comparisons of sensor data in
   terms of its physical properties
   - - Sensor data processing to improve learning accuracy
   - - Machine learning and deep learning with physical knowledge on sensor
   data
   - - Mobile and pervasive systems that utilize physical knowledge to
   enhance data acquisition
   - - System services such as time and location estimation enhanced by
   additional physical knowledge
   - - Heterogeneous collaborative sensing based on physical rules
   - - Distributed sensing for cyber-physical systems
   - - Advanced machine learning algorithms and solutions for efficient
   sensing

The application areas include but not limited to:

   - - Human-centric sensing applications
   - - Environmental and structural monitoring
   - - Smart cities and urban health
   - - Health, wellness and medical
   - - Smart energy systems and intelligent transportation networks

*Important Dates*
Submission Deadline: June 15, 2021
Notifications: July 15, 2021
Camera-ready: July 31, 2021
Workshop: September 25-26, 2021

We’d really appreciate it if you can share the Call for Papers of the CPD
Workshop of Ubicomp 2021 with your colleagues. Please let us know if you
have any questions.

Best regards,
Dr. Le Liang
Publicity Chair