From:
William Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:51:57 +0100
(The URIs in the first posting of this were mangled. They are corrected
below.)

Folks -

Jonathan Grudin and I have launched a minitrack at HICSS 2007 focused on
emerging information technologies (Hawai'i Int'l Computer Science &
Systems).  The minitrack 's a blend of new things coming out as a result
of
Web 2.0, with a bit of social networks, mashups, new media types and
mixins
of all information kinds.

How are people creating and using these new technologies?

We've created a weblog for the minitrack to discuss some of these ideas,
and
to kick around thoughts about possible papers for the minitrack:
http://hicss-newtech.blogspot.com

The direct link to the description/Call-for-papers is here:
http://tinyurl.com/magoc

Papers are due on *June 15th, 2006*.
The conference is  January 3- 7, 2007 (on the Big Island of Hawai'i).

It would be great if you would participate of course - and in any case
if
you could mention this minitrack to others, that would be  marvelous as
well.

  ----- Dan & Jonathan

_________________________

Some additional information:

*Using Information: New Technologies, Ways, & Means*

Are blogs changing the world?  Will millions of people adding tags to
content affect use patterns?  How do wikis, RSS feeds, ever-present
search,
and constantly renewed online newspapers change information use and
creation?  How will they affect existing patterns of using information
and
knowledge in homes and organizations?

There is now an efflorescence of new media, highly available content and
information-as well as new ways of finding, using and interacting with
this
new information wealth.  This is true for our personal computers, within
organizations, and on the internet.

As these new forms grow and flourish, new methods for creating, sharing,
reading and writing are emerging as well.

Just as importantly, the content and technologies merge and blur into
one
another, causing new kinds of media and uses to emerge from the
combinations.  How all these new opportunities arise, form and are used
is
the topic of interest.

This minitrack at HICSS will focus on how new technologies for using
this
information are being created and used.  In particular, we are
interested in
work regarding the design, creation and use of information in many
settings,
particularly in ways that are newly emerging and especially innovative.

We're seek high quality papers across a broad spectrum of topics in this
area.  For further information, please see:  http://tinyurl.com/magoc