Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 08:01:23 -0800
From:
AdaWorks <[log in to unmask]>
On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, Stanley Allen wrote:

> Take a gander at this:
>
> http://techweb.cmp.com/eet/news/98/1001news/windowsce.html
>
> As if we didn't have enough problems.

  I looked at this and it appears to be another opportunity
  for Ada compiler publishers. In particular, it seems to fit
  nicely into the efforts of RR Software with their CLAW product
  and Aonix with ObjectAda for Windows.

  Dr. Robert Leif has been urging the Ada compiler publishers to
  get a WinCE version ready.  Perhaps this will serve as a wake-up
  call. OTOH, I have relative low confidence that Microsoft will
  produce a product that is rugged enough for the safety-critical
  marketplace, given their current track record for reliable software.

  Richard Riehle
  AdaWorks
  Suite 30
  2555 Park Boulevard