Dear community members,
We are delighted to invite you to participate in the upcoming ApPLIED Workshop on Advanced Tools, Programming Languages, and Platforms for Implementing and Evaluating Algorithms for Distributed Systems, held in conjunction with PODC-2023. This workshop will take place on Monday, June 19, 2023, in Orlando, Florida.
The workshop aims to bring together experts, researchers, and enthusiasts in the field of distributed systems to explore and discuss the latest advancements and challenges in implementing and evaluating algorithms. With a focus on cutting-edge tools, programming languages, and platforms, this event provides a unique platform for exchanging knowledge and fostering collaborations.
We are honored to have Prof. Yair Amir as our distinguished keynote speaker. Prof. Amir, a Professor Emeritus of Computer Science at Johns Hopkins University, will talk about Persistent Control Plane for a Global Cloud - from an Abstract Algorithm to a Deployed Service. Don't miss the opportunity to gain insights from his extensive experience and knowledge.
Our list of presentations also includes:
- Common Public Knowledge for Enhancing Machine Learning Data Sets by Arnon Ilani and Shlomi Dolev
- Disaggregating Applications Using Uniservices by Xinwen Wang and Robbert van Renesse
- Initial Steps Toward a Compiler for Distributed Programs by Joseph Hellerstein, Shadaj Laddad, Mae Milano, Conor Power, and Mingwei Samuel
- Oblivious Transfer Protocol without Physical Transfer of Hardware Root-of-Trust by Boyapally Harishma, Chandan Kumar Chaudhary, and Debdeep Mukhopadhyay
- Lessons from HotStuff by Dahlia Malkhi, and Maofan Yin
- ServerFilling: A better approach to packing multiserver jobs by Isaac Grosof and Mor Harchol-Balter
- Planetary Scale Byzantine Consensus by Gauthier Voron and Vincent Gramoli
- Enhancing Privacy in Federated Learning via Early Exit by Yashuo Wu, Carla Fabiana Chiasserini, Francesco Malandrino, and Marco Levorato
- Towards Efficient Microservice Communication by Divyanshu Saxena, William Zhang, Madhav Tummala, Saksham Goel, and Aditya Akella
- An Extensible Framework for Implementing and Validating Byzantine Fault-Tolerant Protocols by Hanish Gogada, Hein Meling, Leander Jehl, and John Ingve Olsen
- Specification and Runtime Checking of Derecho, A Protocol for Fast Replication for Cloud Services by Kumar Shivam, Vishnu Paladugu, and Yanhong A. Liu
- Performance of EdDSA and BLS Signatures in Committee-Based Consensus by Zhuolun Li, Alberto Sonnino, and Philipp Jovanovic
- ParSwarm: A C++ Framework for Evaluating Distributed Algorithms for Robot Swarms by Zhi Wei Gan, Grace Cai, Noble Harasha, Nancy Lynch, and Julian Shun
For more details about the workshop, including the schedule, registration, and other pertinent information, please visit our website: https://tinyurl.com/ApPLIED2023/.
We look forward to your presence at the ApPLIED Workshop, where we can collectively enhance our understanding and shape the future of applied distributed computing and systems.
Amy Babay and Ivona Brandic, Technical Program Committee Co-chairs, ApPLIED 2023
Annie Liu and Elad Michael Schiller, General Co-chairs
[log in to unmask]
If you don't already have a password for the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server, we recommend
that you create one now. A LISTSERV password is linked to your email
address and can be used to access the web interface and all the lists to
which you are subscribed on the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server.
To create a password, visit:
Once you have created a password, you can log in and view or change your
subscription settings at: