PODC Archives

ACM PODC Participants List

PODC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Yuval Emek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yuval Emek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2018 08:06:23 +0300
*** Apologies for multiple messages ***

The 6th Workshop on Biological Distributed Algorithms (BDA 2018)
July 23, 2018 in London, UK. Co-located with PODC 2018
http://www.snl.salk.edu/~navlakha/BDA2018/

We are excited to announce the 6th workshop on Biological Distributed
Algorithms (BDA). The aim of the workshop is to foster collaborative
research between biologists and distributed computing theory
researchers, with the hope of producing better understanding of the
behavior of distributed biological systems, as well as new ideas for
design of algorithms for engineered or computational networks.

BDA 2018 will include presentations on distributed algorithms related
to a variety of biological systems, with special attention to
communication and coordination in insect colonies (e.g. foraging,
navigation, task allocation, construction) and networks in the brain
(e.g. learning, decision-making, attention).

This is a one-day workshop.

===========
SUBMISSIONS
===========
We solicit submissions of extended abstracts describing recent results
relevant to biological distributed computing. We especially welcome
extended abstracts describing new insights and / or case studies
regarding the relationship between distributed computing and
biological systems even if these are not fully formed. Since a major
goal of the workshop is to explore new directions and approaches, we
especially encourage the submission of
ongoing work. Selected contributors would be asked to present, discuss
and defend their work at the workshop. Submissions should be in PDF
and include title, author information, and an extended abstract of at
most 4 pages.

Please use the following EasyChair submission link:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=bda20183

Note: The workshop will not include published proceedings. In
particular, we welcome submissions of extended abstracts describing
work that has appeared or is expected to appear in other venues.

==============
TRAVEL SUPPORT
==============
This year, we will provide financial support for all our presenters.
Specifically, for each selected presentation, we will pay for an
economy class return flight to London (up to 1,000 EUR) and reimburse
the workshop registration fee of one author.

===============
IMPORTANT DATES
===============
May 5, 2018 – Extended abstract submission deadline
May 26, 2018 – Decision notifications
July 23, 2018 – Workshop

===============================
INVITED (PRE-SELECTED) SPEAKERS
===============================
To be announced soon

=================
PROGRAM COMMITTEE
=================
Ziv Bar-Joseph - CMU
Anna Dornhaus - University of Arizona
Yuval Emek - Technion
Amos Korman - CNRS and University of Paris Diderot
Nancy Lynch - MIT
Melanie Moses, University of New Mexico
Saket Navlakha - Salk Institute
Merav Parter, MIT
Andrea Richa, Arizona State University
Nir Shavit, MIT

ORGANIZERS (and PC CHAIRS)
Yuval Emek, Amos Korman, and Saket Navlakha

--
Yuval Emek, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor