Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: "Hal Hart (Hal Hart)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 16:41:13 -0800
This reminds me of some bad jokes about FORTRAN-to-Ada translators in
the 80's (yielding "AdaTRAN"), but I have a serious customer request
about whether there are usable translators from C++ to Ada 95 now.

This might even be a more reasonable thing to do, assuming some
intelligence in the s/w design using C++, than FORTRAN translation.

It also sounds like a good opportunity for Ada that we don't want to
pass on if there's a reasonable answer.

So, anyone got a product to point me to?  (Short of buying Rational
Rose for both Ada & C++, using the reverse capability of the latter,
assuming their language-neutral design representation really works,
and then generate Ada from the former ... )

        -- Hal