Sender:
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 2020 08:27:42 -0600
From:
Francisco Ortega <[log in to unmask]>
 ** Sorry for cross-posting **
Hi all... We are looking for student volunteers. Your SV Chairs, Manoela
Silva and Francisco R. Ortega.
Call for Student Volunteers

*ISMAR 2020* calls for student volunteers to be part of this conference.
Having the conference virtual means that you will be able to help the
organizers from where you are currently located. We invite students at all
levels (undergraduate and graduate) to be part of this unique experience
where you will be able to experience the behind the scenes of a conference
while making connections to senior faculty and researchers.

In return for your volunteering hours, you will receive the following:

   - Networking opportunities;
   - Job hunting opportunities;
   - An opportunity to take part in the first virtual ISMAR ever!

As an ISMAR 2020 student volunteer, you will be expected to contribute
between 16-20 hours (around 4 hours a day) during the event as well as to
participate in an orientation session/attendees support in the week before
the event. We will do our best to allocate SVs matching their time zone.

Your SV duties can include
One or two weeks before ISMAR:

   - Attend a training session;
   - Provide support or training sessions to attendees/speakers;

During ISMAR:

   - Provide technical assistance remotely to attendees connecting to the
   online platform;
   - Provide technical assistance remotely to speakers during presentations;
   - Provide support to the conference organization team;
   - Provide assistance for attendees with special needs.

ISMAR is a great conference to be part of, in particular with the recent
explosion of commercial and research activities related to Augmented
Reality (AR), Mixed Reality (MR) and Virtual Reality (VR). ISMAR 2020 will
cover the full range of technologies encompassed by the MR continuum, from
interfaces in the real world to fully immersive experiences. This range
goes far beyond the traditional definition of AR, which focused on precise
3D tracking, visual display, and real-time performance.

Please submit your application by accessing the link below:
Application Submission
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdLYCLK60d_seqXO58Jf2Xvx7dHPw9pJrRj0SugrVRL7KGrdA/viewform?usp=sf_link>

The main criteria to select the SVs will be:

   - Enrollment as a Ph.D., Masters or full-time undergraduate at the time
   of the conference;
   - Good communication skills in English;
   - Experience using teleconferencing and/or virtual environments is a
   plus;
   - Previous experience in event organization (bonus for virtual events
   experience);
   - We will strive to build a diverse cohort, therefore, underrepresented
   groups in CS are especially encouraged to apply.

Important Deadlines

*Submission Deadline*: September 10, 2020 (23:59 AoE)
*Notification*: September 20, 2020
Contact

*Student Volunteer Chairs*

Manoela Silva, Ph.D. Candidate. Federal University of Pernambuco
Francisco R. Ortega, Ph.D. Colorado State University

Thanks,
Francisco R. Ortega, Ph.D.
Computer Science - 3D User Interfaces
Assistant Professor, Colorado State  University
"No me quieras porque gané, necesito que me quieras para ganar" -- Marcelo
Bielsa