Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 2020 18:10:25 +0000
From:
Titus Barik <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
*CFP: IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages and Human-Centric Computing
(VL/HCC '21)*

<http://vlhcc.org/>

Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Dates: October 10-13, 2021

Key Deadlines:
*April 23, 2021* (for registering abstracts)
*April 30, 2021* (for full and short paper submissions)

From the beginning of the computer age, people have sought easier ways to learn, express, and understand computational ideas. Whether this meant moving from punch cards to textual languages, or command lines to graphical UIs, the quest to make computation easier to express, manipulate, and understand by a broader group of people is an ongoing challenge.

The *IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages and Human-Centric Computing (VL/HCC)* is the premier international forum for research on this topic. Established in 1984, the mission of the conference is to support the design, theory, application, and evaluation of computing technologies and languages for programming, modeling, and communicating, which are easier to learn, use, and understand by people. The 2021 symposium is scheduled to take place October 10-13 in St. Louis, Missouri.

We solicit original, unpublished research papers on computing technologies for modelling, programming, communicating, and reasoning, which are easier to learn, use or understand by humans than the current state-of-the-art. Papers should focus on efforts to design, formalize, implement, or evaluate those technologies and languages. This includes technologies intended for general audiences (e.g., professional or novice programmers, or the public) or domain-specific audiences (e.g., people working in business administration, production environments, healthcare, urban design or scientific domains).

This year's special topic is "Interaction at a Distance". COVID-19 may permanently change how we work, communicate, and collaborate in the future. Technology and software will continue to play an increasingly important role in mediating our interactions with other people. This year, we especially welcome papers at VL/HCC that design, build, or evaluate technologies that help us interact at a distance.

Please see our website for more details:
https://conf.researchr.org/track/vlhcc-2021/vlhcc-2021-vl-hcc-main-conference#Research-Papers

General Chair:
Caitlin Kelleher, Washington University in St. Louis

Program Chairs:
Jácome Cunha, HASLab/INESC TEC & University of Minho
Stephen Oney, University of Michigan

------
Thanks,

Titus Barik <[log in to unmask]>