Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 2021 12:28:31 +0100
Sender:
From:
Media Architecture Biennale <[log in to unmask]>
Dear All,

The Media Architecture Biennale - MAB20 <http://www.mab20.org> invites
papers from academics, students, and industry practitioners that align with
the theme *Futures Implied
<https://mab20.mediaarchitecture.org/frontpage/theme/>* and the sub-themes
mentioned below. MAB20, originally planned for the fall of 2020, will now
take place from* June 28th – July 2nd, 2021.*

The paper contributions should address current practices, discuss
theoretical approaches, or present novel research that explores and further
develop our understanding of media architecture through relevant case
studies, design processes, and community and industry examples.

The *proceedings will be published during the MAB20 in the** ACM Digital
Library* and *presentations will happen via virtual sessions*. Previous
proceedings were also published in the ACM Digital Library, and you can
check them here: MAB18 Proceedings <https://mab18.org/conference/> and MAB16
Proceedings <https://mab16.org/pages/conference.php>.

*Important dates*

   - Call opens: *20 December 2019*
   - Paper submission deadline: 25 January, 2021  *1 March 2021 **[One week
   left!]*
   - Notification of acceptance: *23 April, 2021*
   - All revisions due and Camera Ready paper deadline: *24 May, 2021*

*Sub-themes:*

   - The Aesthetics and Poetics of Responsive Urban Spaces
   - Citizens’ digital rights in the era of platform ecologies
   - Playful & Artistic Civic Engagement
   - Restorative Cities
   - More-Than-Human Cities

*Submission:*

   - Papers should be between 9 and 18 pages (excluding references), using ACM
   single column template
   <https://www.acm.org/publications/taps/word-template-workflow>;
   - *Paper submission link: **https://easychair.org/cfp/mab20
   <https://easychair.org/cfp/mab20>*

*More details:*

Read the full CfP here: *MAB Call for Papers
<https://mab20.mediaarchitecture.org/calls/call-for-papers/>*.

In case you have any questions, please contact our *Papers Chairs:*

*- Glenda Caldwell*, Queensland University of Technology –

*- Joel Fredericks*, The University of Sydney –

We hope to welcome you to one of our online pre-events and at the
biennale in June!

All the best,

*Martijn de Waal, Frank Suurenbroek, Nanna Verhoeff **and Michiel de Lange*

MAB20 Executive Committee
Media Architecture Biennale <http://www.mab20.org/>

To stay up to date with all MAB20’s activities through other channels,
follow us on:

Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/MABiennale/?__tn__=kC-R&eid=ARB4ZAfvoxwAR5URX2AgrcaZBziV9A-IOe1iaUwVa0hKlHRwqfRT59GZg0dzGqr6Om1UE7ODjtR9Ceei&hc_ref=ARRSHTzoFw2BAJnq1UNGqFh7yRkc_2Bsmhq8DDz596A2RrApEBD7tCHHJnCKVxmf2Rc&fref=nf&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARBaoDZkbiz8wU6jRKnXVO3ynvlWQVXWUzzUKzDvgIaODLT-Ke1O2S-zHsGrqBVkEl3O72-czhhMoht7ocvBDjYbeoetUCNCICdTHfEdtvWRiCcemJBuLwThnPWwdakq1ueMLQqIZ-WUy613tdeAzxzrzmc-Prxrjq_vT26gxmC1eVEdgwoaaI9SGIyyU6mVsTvgF9FNY9FAxjswu2PKH-8LSaXzY2q5DUzh49sUH283iuNCYTmManvYdLGwbvIYdw4K7CZ_JLOvWeuEUXGqFq7sEh3cutbln0SbV8m4fC_jo2A03QUJbiSsCxPusfXPKO2IMWiI8eF-SELtYeiACAbyEA>
 / Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/mabiennale/> / Twitter
<https://twitter.com/MABiennale> / LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/media-architecture-biennale>
Sign up for our monthly newsletter *here
<http://lists.mediaarchitecture.org/?p=subscribe&id=9>*.