** Sorry for duplicates **
*ICAT-EGVE 2021 Call for Papers*
The ICAT-EGVE 2021 conference is planned to be held September 8-10 in Sankt
Augustin, Germany, as a physical-virtual hybrid conference, enabling both
in-person and virtual participation. A final decision on the format will be
taken June 2021. This is the merger of the 31th International Conference on
Artificial Reality and Telexistence (ICAT 2021) and the 26th Eurographics
Symposium on Virtual Environments (EGVE 2021). Together, these are two of
the oldest international conferences in the world on Artificial Reality and
The conference will be co-located with the 18th workshop on VR/AR organized
by the working group of the German Informatics Society.
We invite the submission of Papers, Posters and Demonstrations describing
novel research ideas, work in progress, recently completed
work, preliminary results, or unusual systems and applications. ICAT-EGVE
2021 seeks inspiring submissions describing research, applications
or systems in all areas of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Mixed
Reality, Telexistence, and 3D User Interfaces, e.g., the following
non-exhaustive list of more specific areas:
* 3D interaction for VR/AR/MR
* VR/AR/MR systems and toolkits
* User studies and evaluation for VR/AR/MR
* Telexistence, Telepresence and Teleimmersion
* Haptics, audio, and other non-visual modalities
* Serious games and edutainment using VR/AR/MR
* Presence, cognition, and embodiment in VR/AR/MR
* Novel devices (both input and output) for VR/AR/MR, and haptics
* Multi-user and distributed VR/AR/MR, Teleimmersion and Telepresence
* Immersive projection technologies and other advanced display technologies
Submissions in other related areas are welcome too.
* Paper Submission: 17 May 2021
* Notification of results: 14 June 2021
* Camera-ready version: 25 July 2021
* Poster/demo submission: 30 July 2021
* Conference: 8-10 September 2021
*Submission Guidelines: Papers*
The conference invites full and short paper submissions:
* Full papers must not exceed eight (8) pages in length (excluding
* Short papers must not exceed four (4) pages in length (excluding
* Both full and short papers must be in English and should be formatted
using the Eurographics format. A sample LaTeX document for ICAT-EGVE 2021
will be made available.
* ICAT-EGVE uses a double-blind review process. Therefore, submissions
should not contain information (including citations and optional
videos) that unnecessarily identifies the authors or their institutions or
places of work. All papers must be submitted electronically as PDF.
Authors are encouraged to submit videos to aid the program committee in the
review of their submissions.
* The conference uses the EG submission tool. All submissions should be
made through the following online submission system (link will be announced
on the ICAT-EGVE 2021 website and the next CFP).
* If you have any questions regarding how to modify your submission, please
see the following help link:
* Submissions should be original, unpublished work, and should not be in
submission to other venues concurrently. Any dual submission will
be rejected outright without review.
*Submission Guidelines: Posters and demos*
* Poster/Demo submissions should provide contributions to the research
field but may include published work or work that is in submission to other
* Posters/Demos must NOT exceed two (2) pages in length (including
* Posters/Demos must be in English and should be formatted using the
Eurographics format. A sample LaTeX document and a Word template
* Posters/Demos must be submitted electronically as PDF in camera-ready
format, meaning that they should NOT be anonymized and instead include full
author names and affiliations.
* For Demos, the description should include the scenario (what the user
will experience), the technology and techniques involved, and/or distinct
features of the demo, as well as original contributions. A short video
(maximum 1 minute) of the demo is requested.
* Please upload Posters to an online file storage of your preference (e.g.,
Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive) and provide access via email to the
Poster Chairs: [log in to unmask]
* Please upload Demo submissions to an online file storage of your
preference (e.g., Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive) and provide access
via email directly to the Demo Chairs: [log in to unmask]
*Review and Publication*
* All accepted Papers/Posters/Demos will be published in the Eurographics
Digital Library and presented interactively at the conference.
* Papers/Posters/Demos will be selected by the responsible chairs for
the video/in-person presentations at the conference. Upon acceptance,
the camera-ready version of the submission will be included in the
electronic proceedings, provided that potential comments from the reviewers
are appropriately addressed.
* The format for presenting the paper/poster/demo will be decided upon in
*Best Paper/Poster/Demo Awards*
The authors of the Best Paper/Posters/Demos (selected by the awards
committee) will be honored at the conference.
For more questions regarding the Paper/Posters/Demos, please check the
conference pages or contact the ICAT-EGVE 2021 Paper/Poster/Demo
Chairs accordingly through email:
Paper Chairs: [log in to unmask]
Poster Chairs: [log in to unmask]
Demo Chairs: [log in to unmask]
Francisco R. Ortega, Ph.D.
Computer Science - 3D User Interfaces. https://nuilab.org
Assistant Professor, Colorado State University
"No me quieras porque gané, necesito que me quieras para ganar" -- Marcelo
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]
To manage your SIGCHI Mailing lists or read our polices see: