GRADUATE PROGRAMS AT SFU’S SCHOOL OF INTERACTIVE ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
Pursue a Master of Arts, Master of Science, PhD, or Graduate Certificate in Visual Analytics at the interdisciplinary School of Interactive Arts and Technology (SIAT) at Simon Fraser University (SFU).SIAT is an internationally recognized school with a focus on technology and the human experience. Our MSc., MA, and Ph.D. students develop and apply innovative multi-disciplinary research methods to explore the broader implications of advanced information and media technologies. Guided by these studies, they design new technology and media experiences that are responsive to individual, organizational, and societal values. SIAT’s infrastructure includes state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities, and is further enhanced by the capabilities and resources of our many university collaborators and partner organizations in the public and private sectors, which also provide opportunities for internships.
If you’re interested in pursuing graduate studies in SIAT, our faculty members would be happy to speak with you. More information is here: https://siats.ca/more
TRAINING AND FUNDING
Students admitted to our graduate program can expect to receive funding for multiple years in the form of scholarships and/or research and teaching assistantships. SIAT graduate students are mentored in interdisciplinary research methods and various forms of dissemination, such as international academic publishing, conference presentation, or curation and exhibition of media arts, both locally and abroad.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
Our program’s unique focus, which brings together experts and students from a variety of backgrounds, such as media arts, human-computer interaction, design, computing, and social science, prepares graduates for diverse careers in the technology sector and in academia. SIAT alumni hold leading positions in industry and in tenure-track positions in institutions around the world. Our specialized areas of research include, but are not limited to, the following:
* INTERACTIVE COMPUTING: visualization and visual analytics, human-computer interaction, artificial intelligence, tangible interfaces, virtual and augmented reality, learning technologies, game technology, domestic computing and other themes
* MEDIA, VISUAL ARTS, AND PERFORMANCE: performance technology, interactive animation, interactive environments and installations, game narrative, film and video, audio/music, digital curation, and other themes
* DESIGN: interaction design, sustainable design, parametric design, immersion design, experience design, participatory design, game design, museum design, design for children and the elderly, and related themes
* PEOPLE: cognitive, perceptual, and social psychology, anthropology and ethnography of media, history, user modeling, chronic pain management, and health data management
* SCIENCE OF INTERACTION: uses the scientific method to develop and test theories of human perceptual, cognitive, interactive, and communicative performance that are used to design, prototype, and evaluate interactive systems in their context of use.
At SFU’s Surrey campus, SIAT is located directly on the main rapid transit line to downtown Vancouver. Metro Vancouver is home to one of the central nodes of Canada’s cultural and entertainment industry and much of its digital media production. SIAT, a unit of the Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology at SFU is a member of many local, national, and international networks, and has strong connections to leading companies.
This email is intended for [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe visit
Update your subscription preferences visit
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org