From:
Koch Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Koch Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 2020 20:11:18 +0000
The 18th European (Virtual) Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work - The International Venue on Practice-centred Computing and the Design of Cooperation Technologies (ECSCW) - is currently taking place in Zoom and Padlet (maintained from Siegen, Germany) - see https://ecscw.eusset.eu/2020/ - The proceedings of ECSCW 2020 are available at https://dl.eusset.eu/handle/20.500.12015/3323

Since 2017 the full research papers at ECSCW are split into two categories: „journal papers“ are published in the Springer Journal Computer Supported Cooperative Work  (JCSCW, https://www.springer.com/journal/10606), „exploratory papers“ are published open-access in the Digital Library of the European Society for Socially Embedded Technologies (EUSSET) - see https://dl.eusset.eu/handle/20.500.12015/3323.

To provide a feeling for the (potential) impact of the different kinds of papers, we have collected some download statistics over the last years - the statistics are downloads per year (excluding downloads by robots) in average over all the papers:

ECSCW exploratory papers: For ECSCW2019 we had an average of 136 downloads/paper/year in the first year, for ECSCW2018 we had an average of 168 downloads/paper/year over two years and for ECSCW2017 we had an average of 83 downloads/paper/year over three years. Regarding citation counts one could find on Google Scholar an average of 1 citation for ECSCW2019 exploratory papers after one year (max: 6), and an average of 5 citations for ECSCW2018 exploratory papers after two years (max: 12).

ECSCW journal papers: For the preprints stored in the EUSSET DL we had an average of 64 downloads/paper/year for ECSCW2019 and an average of 61 downloads/paper/year over two years for ECSCW2018.

To set these numbers in context: In the ACM Digital Library you can find average downloads for Communities & Technologies of about 90/paper/year, and for ACM CSCW and ACM GROUP of about 100/paper/year.