From:
DAVID PORFIRIO <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DAVID PORFIRIO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2022 15:03:49 +0000
Call for Papers: Participatory Design and End-User Programming for Human-Robot Interaction Workshop at HRI 2022

=============================

What:

=============================

We are inviting submissions and participation in the HRI 2022 Workshop on Participatory Design and End-User Programming for Human-Robot Interaction (PD/EUP).

In the PD/EUP Workshop, we aim to facilitate mutual learning between these communities and to create communication opportunities that could help the larger HRI community work towards end-user personalized and adaptable interactions. Both PD and EUP are key in making robots useful for wider society, and from this workshop, we expect new collaboration opportunities and new methodologies that integrate PD and EUP for human-robot interaction to emerge. We are excited to have experts in the field of PD and EUP and from the wider HRI and CHI communities speak at the workshop. Our invited speakers include Séverin Lemgaignan, Brad Myers, Elin Björling, and Maya Cakmak.

Workshop Website: https://sites.google.com/wisc.edu/hri22pdeupworkshop/home

Workshop Registration: https://sites.google.com/wisc.edu/hri22pdeupworkshop/registration

HRI 2022 Website: https://humanrobotinteraction.org/2022/

=============================

When:

=============================

Date: March 7, 2022, Virtual

9:00 AM - 4:00 PM CST

4:00 PM - 11:00 PM CET

12:00 AM - 7:00 AM JST (March 8th)

=============================

Topics of Interest:

=============================

We welcome submissions of 2-4 (maximum of 6) page extended abstracts on research related to but not limited to the following:

(a) end-user programming;

(b) participatory design;

(c) methodology and integration work;

(d) evaluation in the wild;

(e) best practices and lessons learned from deploying programmable robots;

(f) learning robots;

(g) culture-based robot personalization;

(h) ethical and legal challenges of programmable robots (and the opportunities for PD/EUP in this space).

=============================

How to Submit:

For anyone interested in submitting an extended abstract, here is the submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=pdeup22

Timeline:

Submission deadline: 14th Feb 2022

Acceptance notification: 21th Feb 2022

Camera ready: 06th Mar 2022

Committee:

Dr. Emmanuel Senft, University of Wisconsin–Madison, [log in to unmask]

David Porfirio, University of Wisconsin–Madison, [log in to unmask]

Dr. Katie Winkle, KTH, [log in to unmask]