Date:
Fri, 28 May 2021 05:56:24 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Sihang Qiu <[log in to unmask]>
Third Symposium on Biases in Human Computation and Crowdsourcing
10 - 12 November 2021, Delft, Netherlands (Online)
Organized by TU Delft, CHI Nederland, and the Academic Fringe Festival

--- Apologies for cross-posting ---

Website: https://www.bhcc-symposium.com/

*Overview*

The goal of this symposium is to analyse both existing human biases in hybrid systems, and methods to manage bias via crowdsourcing and human computation. We will discuss different types of biases, measures and methods to track bias, as well as methodologies to prevent and solve bias.

We welcome the submission of research papers and abstracts which describe original work that has not been submitted or currently under review, has not been previously published nor accepted for publication elsewhere, in any other journal or conference. We welcome the submission of the following types of contributions:

- Full papers should be at most 10 pages in length (including figures, tables, appendices, and references),
- Short papers should be at most 5 pages in length (including figures, tables, appendices, and references),
- Abstracts should contain just a title and the abstract, and should detail demos or relevant work or ideas which are under development. They can not contain references.

More details: https://www.bhcc-symposium.com/submission

*Important Dates*

Time zone: Anywhere on Earth (AoE)
- Full Papers and Short papers due: 26 August 2021
- Abstracts due: 2 September 2021
- Notifications: 22 October 2021
- Conference: 10-12 November 2021

*Submission*

We implement a double-blind review process. Submissions must be anonymous and the submission must be made via EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=bhcc2021

We are committed to create an equal opportunity environment, without regard to race, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or any other status. For this reason, if you feel that you are in a disadvantaged situation or you require assistance please reach out to us ([log in to unmask]). We’ll be more than happy to help and allow everyone to submit a paper.

We are keen to create a fair working environment for the crowd workers and annotators. For this reason, each submission should clearly state the policies implemented to pursue this aim; each paper should be clear about the amount of work required for an annotator to submit the task, the payment, the time spent by the annotators to finish the task, and all the relevant details aimed at making clear that workers and annotators obtained a fair compensation and treatment for their work.