Sender:
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2021 19:40:10 +0000
From:
Magdalena Rychlowska <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to you regarding the Society for Affective Science (SAS) and its annual meeting, which will be held in an all-virtual format between March 30 - April 2, 2022.

On behalf of the SAS membership and outreach committee, we encourage you and your trainees to attend. SAS is an excellent venue for learning about what¡¦s new in affective science and presenting research. The interdisciplinary nature of the program is uniquely beneficial.

Below are exciting highlights of the upcoming meeting and opportunities for you and your trainees to submit abstracts for a virtual presentation. We invite submissions of your research and ideas.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I hope you will join us at the 2022 SAS virtual meeting!

All the best,
Magdalena Rychlowska

SAS 2022 Call for Abstracts
The Society for Affective Science (SAS) is delighted to announce its call for abstracts to be considered for the 2022 Annual Conference, held in an all-virtual format between March 30th ¡V April 2nd, 2022. This year¡¦s extended format aims to facilitate international participation and account for schedule adjustments due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic. Already confirmed speakers include Lisa Feldman Barrett, Wendy Berry Mendes, Batja Mesquita, Desmond Ong, and Amitai Shenhav.
Advancing Interdisciplinary Science
In line with our goal to facilitate interdisciplinarity, we welcome submissions from across the domain of affective science including anthropology, business, computer science, cultural studies, economics, education, geography, history, integrative medicine, law, linguistics, literature, neuroscience, philosophy, political science, psychiatry, psychology, public health, sociology, theater, and more.
Abstract Submissions
IMPORTANT: Abstracts are changing this year!

  *   All single presenter submissions (posters and flash talks, described below) will require a 1600-character abstract for evaluation and a brief 400-character summary for the conference program.
  *   Symposia submissions (described below) will require individual 1600-character abstracts of each talk for evaluation and brief 400-character summaries for the conference program, as well as a single symposium overview abstract of 1600-characters for evaluation and a brief 400-character summary of the session.
  *   Note: All character counts include spaces and indicate the maximum length. Detailed abstract submission instructions will be posted to the <https://society-for-affective-science.org/conferences/2022-sas-annual-conference/> website<https://society-for-affective-science.org/conferences/2022-sas-annual-conference/>.
  *   Authors of highly-ranked submissions may be invited to submit an optional extended abstract, to be considered for publication in a supplement of our journal Affective Science. IMPORTANT: This does NOT preclude the work from being submitted/published as a full paper in any scientific outlet.

  *     FOUR submission types:

1.    Poster: New Idea - Showcasing a new research idea, complete with planned experimental designs and analysis approach(es). Data are not required, but pilot data for proof of concept are welcome. Work already pre-registered in another platform is admissible. New theoretical contributions are also welcome in this category.

2.    Poster: New Results - Showcasing the latest new findings in affective science based on quantitative and/or qualitative data collected and analyzed. We welcome and encourage preliminary work!

3.    Thematic Flash Talk - Showcasing the latest findings based on quantitative and/or qualitative data already collected and analyzed or new theoretical contributions in affective science.

4.    Symposium - Set of talks providing an in-depth perspective on individual research areas/topics within affective science. Sessions can be comprised of 3 talks with a discussant or 4 talks without a discussant. All symposia must be chaired. Symposia will be part of SAS for the first time in 2022!

¡´      No fee to submit an abstract. The fee structure for conference registration is available on our website<https://society-for-affective-science.org/conferences/2022-sas-annual-conference/registration/>.
We encourage submissions from authors at all career stages.
Submission Deadline
Abstracts must be submitted by Monday, November 22nd, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Baker Island Time (BIT; UTC-12 ¡X last time zone on earth) to be considered for inclusion in the program.
Submission Review Process
Abstracts will be evaluated based on scholarly merit by a double-blind peer review process with our Abstract Review Board. Notification of acceptance or rejection of abstracts will be e-mailed to the corresponding author by the end of January 2022. Presenters must be the corresponding author on the submitted abstract. All presenters must register and pay to attend the meeting.
Conference Awards
Poster and Flash Talk abstracts with trainees (i.e., postdoctoral fellow, graduate student, post-baccalaureate, undergraduate student) as the presenting author will be considered for an award, which will be announced at the conference during the closing ceremony.
Questions?
For questions about preparing your abstract, please contact the Abstracts Committee Communications Lead, Katherine Aumer at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. For submission portal questions or issues, please contact Casey Irelan at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. For any other SAS 2022 conference related questions, please contact the Program Co-Chairs, Stephanie Carpenter at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and Maria Gendron at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
For more updates, watch our <https://society-for-affective-science.org/> website<https://society-for-affective-science.org/> and follow us on Twitter (@affectScience)!
SUBMISSION PORTALS NOW OPEN!<https://society-for-affective-science.org/conferences/2022-sas-annual-conference/abstract-guidelines-submission/>

Magdalena Rychlowska   -   Lecturer   -   School of Psychology, room 03.532     [http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/psy/files/Filetoupload,905673,en.png]  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Office hours: Wednesday 16h-17h<https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_YjY3OWNhYWEtZDI5OS00YjUwLWJlMDctMmQ3MWVjYTcwNDU4%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22eaab77ea-b4a5-49e3-a1e8-d6dd23a1f286%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2220560ac5-f047-4ea5-90ea-88f7017ca587%22%7d> (click to join)
[http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/psy/files/Filetoupload,905676,en.png]<https://www.qub.ac.uk/>
[http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/psy/files/Filetoupload,905677,en.png]<https://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/psy/>
[http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/psy/files/Filetoupload,905678,en.png]<https://www.facebook.com/QUBPsych/> [http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/psy/files/Filetoupload,905680,en.png] <https://twitter.com/QUBPsych>      [http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/psy/files/Filetoupload,905679,en.png] <https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/qub-school-of-psychology>
[http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/psy/files/Filetoupload,905672,en.png]<http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/psy/Discover/AthenaSwan/>      [http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/psy/files/Filetoupload,929700,en.png]