From:
Marcin Paprzycki <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marcin Paprzycki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 May 2020 22:53:39 +0200
CALL FOR PAPERS

TRACK 2: Computer Science and Systems
https://fedcsis.org/2020/css

15th CONFERENCE ON COMPUTER SCIENCE AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS FedCSIS 2020
Sofia, Bulgaria,  6-9 September, 2020
http://www.fedcsis.org/

COVID-19  Information (SEE NEW SUBMISSION DEADLINE)

We would like to assure everybody that FedCSIS 2020 will take place, the
submitted and accepted papers will be published and sent for indexations
as usual. In case the conference cannot be staged in real setting of
beautiful Sofia, we will provide a virtual web-based avenue for it. We
look forward to receiving your contributions as usual and guarantee that
FedCSIS 2020 will be another memorable and rewarding conference.

Nevertheless, we would like to stress that in case of inability to be
physically present at the FedCSIS Conference, due to travel
restrictions, the FedCSIS paper authors will be allowed to remotely
present their papers. Fees for remote presentations will be
substantially reduced (details soon).

CSS is a FedCSIS track aiming at integrating and creating synergy
between FedCSIS technical sessions which thematically subscribe to more
technical (or applicable) aspects of computer science and related
disciplines. The CSS track spans themes ranging from hardware issues
close to the discipline of computer engineering via software issues
tackled by the theory and applications of computer science and to
communications issues of interest to distributed, smart, multimedia and
network systems. The sessions joined in this track are open to all
innovative methods which solve the latest problems in the field of
applied computer science. The track considers topic sessions:

>>Advances in Computer Science and Systems (ACSS)

ACSS is welcoming presentations of the scientific aspects related to
applied sciences. The session is oriented on the research where the
computer science meets the real world problems, real constraints, model
objectives, etc. However the scope is not limited to applications, we
all know that all of them were born from the innovative theory developed
in laboratory. We want to show the fusion of these two worlds. Therefore
one of the goals for the session is to show how the idea is transformed
into application, since the history of modern science show that most of
successful research experiments had their continuation in real world.
ACSS session is going to give an international panel where researchers
will have a chance to promote their recent advances in applied computer
science both from theoretical and practical side.
-Applied Artificial Intelligence
-Applied Parallel Computing
-Applied methods of multimodal, constrained and heuristic optimization
-Applied computer systems in technology, medicine, ecology, environment,
economy, etc.
-Theoretical models of the above computer sciences developed into the
practical use

>>Actors, Agents, Assistants, Avatars (4A)

4A covers, broadly understood, agent technology is undergoing rapid
changes. What was once envisioned, primarily, in research papers becomes
reality. Over last few years we observe proliferation of personal
assistants and avatars (sometimes considered under a joint umbrella of
ChatBots). For instance, consider Siri, Cortana, Amazon Echo, or Google
Assistant (to name the most popular). They can help in different
activities, but a lot of work remains before they reach full potential.
Furthermore, actors start to materialize in real-world applications – as
a promising approach to implement large-scale distributed systems. It is
also worthy noticing that avatars, humans and smart things can cooperate
as a community that instantiates, contributes to and exploits various
aspects of collective intelligence. Here, observe that agents can play
very relevant role in the context of implementing, for example,
intelligence of smart devices, which interact with each other and with
humans, by common communication channels and, possibly even, social
networks. At the same time, software tools that can be used to realize
4A systems have reached maturity and are surrounded by active user
communities.
-Actors, as an approach to design and (efficiently) implement
distributed systems
-Current perspectives on software agents and multi-agent systems
-Design and implementation of assistants
-ChatBot design, implementation and use • Avatars for today and tomorrow
-Theoretical foundations of 4A-based systems
-4A-based simulations (with application to real-world use cases, in
particular)
-Case studies, applications and experiences with 4A’s (in real-world, in
particular)

>>Computer Aspects of Numerical Algorithms (CANA)

CANA is open for numerical algorithms which are widely used by
scientists engaged in various areas. There is a special need of highly
efficient and easy-to-use scalable tools for solving large scale
problems. The workshop is devoted to numerical algorithms with the
particular attention to the latest scientific trends in this area and to
problems related to implementation of libraries of efficient numerical
algorithms. The goal of the workshop is meeting of researchers from
various institutes and exchanging of their experience, and integrations
of scientific centers.
-Parallel numerical algorithms
-Novel data formats for dense and sparse matrices
-Libraries for numerical computations
-Numerical algorithms testing and benchmarking
-Analysis of rounding errors of numerical algorithms
-Languages, tools and environments for programming numerical algorithms
-Numerical algorithms on coprocesors (GPU, Intel Xeon Phi, etc.)
-Paradigms of programming numerical algorithms
-Contemporary computer architectures
-Heterogeneous numerical algorithms
-Applications of numerical algorithms in science and technology

>>Multimedia Applications and Processing (MMAP)

MMAP is an international venue for recent advances in pervasive
computers, networks, telecommunications, and information technology,
along with the proliferation of multimedia mobile devices - such as
laptops, iPods, Personal Digital Assistants, and smartphones – which
have stimulated the rapid development of intelligent applications. These
key technologies by using Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and
Computational Intelligence are creating a recent multimedia revolution
which will have a significant impact across a wide spectrum of consumer,
business, healthcare, educational and governmental domains. Audio, Image
and Video Processing.
-Animation, Virtual Reality, 3D and Stereo Imaging
-Big Data Science and Multimedia Systems
-Cloud Computing and Multimedia Applications
-Machine Learning, Fuzzy Systems, Neural Networks and Computational
Intelligence for Information Retrieval in Multimedia Applications
-Data Mining, Warehousing and Knowledge Extraction
-Multimedia File Systems and Databases: Indexing, Recognition and Retrieval
-Multimedia in Internet and Web Based Systems
-E-Learning, E-Commerce and E-Society Applications
-Human Computer Interaction and Interfaces in Multimedia Applications
-Multimedia in Medical Applications and Computational biology
-Entertainment, Personalized Systems and Games
-Security in Multimedia Applications: Authentication and Watermarking
-Distributed Multimedia Systems
-Network and Operating System Support for Multimedia
-Mobile Network Architecture and Fuzzy Logic Systems
-Intelligent Multimedia Network Applications
-Future Trends in Computing System Technologies and Applications
-Trends in Processing Multimedia Information
-Multimedia Ontology and Perception for Multimedia Users

>>Scalable Computing (WSC)

WSC is devoted to the world of large-scale computing. The most recent
addition to the mix comes from numerous data streams that materialize
from exploding number of cheap sensors installed “everywhere”, on the
one hand, and ability to capture and study events with systematically
increasing granularity, on the other. To address the needs for scaling
computational and storage infrastructures, concepts like: edge, fog and
dew computing emerged. Novel issues in involved in “pushing computing
away from the center” did not replace open questions that existedin the
context of grid and cloud computing. Rather, they added new dimensions
of complexity and resulted in the need of addressing scalability across
more and more complex ecosystems consisting of individual sensors and
micro-computers (e.g. Raspberry PI based systems) as well as
supercomputers available within the Cloud (e.g. Cray computers
facilitated within the MS Azure Cloud).
-General issues in scalable computing
-Algorithms and programming models for large-scale applications,
simulations and systems
-Large-scale symbolic, numeric, data-intensive, graph-oriented,
distributed computations
-Fault-tolerant and consensus techniques for large-scale computing
-Resilient large-scale computing
-Data models for large-scale applications, simulations and systems
-Large-scale distributed databases
-Load-balancing / intelligent resource management in large-scale
applications, simulations and systems
-Performance analysis, evaluation, optimization and prediction
-Scientific workflow scheduling
-Data visualization
-On-demand computing
-Virtualization supporting computations
-Volunteer computing
-Scaling applications from small-scale to exa-scale (and back)
-Big data real-time computing / analytics
-Economic, business and ROI models for large-scale applications
-Emerging technologies for scalable computing
-Cloud / Fog / Dew computing architectures, models, algorithms and
applications
-High performance computing in Cloud / Fog / Dew
-Green computing in Cloud / Fog / Dew
-Performance, capacity management and monitoring of Cloud / Fog / Dew
configuration
-Cloud / Fog / Dew application scalability and availability
-Big Data cloud services
-Architectures for large-scale computations (GPUs, accelerators, quantum
systems, federated systems, etc.)
-Self* and autonomous computational / storage systems

IMPORTANT DATES

Paper submission (sharp / no extension): May 29, 2020
Position paper submission: June 23, 2020
Author notification: July 15, 2020
Final paper submission and registration: July 31, 2020
Conference date: September 6-9, 2020

SUBMISSION GUIDLINES:

FedCSIS announces two separate calls for papers, with the deadlines for
submissions about three weeks apart: Call for Regular Papers and Call
for Position Papers.

Papers submitted within the Call for Regular Papers can be accepted, by
the event’s Program Committee, in one of the three categories: full
papers, short papers or communication papers.

Full and short papers constitute Proceedings of the FedCSIS conference –
they are published electronically in a volume of “Annals of Computer
Science and Information Systems” (ACSIS) and are submitted for inclusion
in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library. ACSIS Volumes with Proceedings of
the FedCSIS conference are submitted for indexation in Web of Science,
SCOPUS, DBLP, Index Copernicus and other indexing services (see,
Indexation for more details). Communication papers and Position papers
are published in separate ACSIS volume(s) and they are not submitted to
the IEEE Xplore DL.

Limited number of Best Papers will be published (free of charge) in
Information -- Open Access Journal (MDPI)

For paper submission instructions, please visit:
https://www.fedcsis.org/2020/instructions

TRACK CHAIRS:

Woźniak, Marcin, Institute of Mathematics, Silesian University of
Technology, Poland
Dimov, Ivan, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Information and
Communication Technologies, Bulgaria

--
Ta wiadomość e-mail została sprawdzona pod kątem wirusów przez oprogramowanie AVG.
http://www.avg.com