Sender:
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 2020 13:36:47 +0000
From:
Rita Orji <[log in to unmask]>
Dear colleagues,

We are proud to announce that the 3rd African Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, AfriCHI 2021 will take place in Maputo, Mozambique from 8 to 12 March  2021.

The theme of AfriCHI 2021 is Inclusiveness and empowerment. Its aim is to further expand the participation of Africans in the practise and study of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and Interaction Design (IxD), and to advance HCI by increased awareness of designs, tools, inventions, methods, theories and pedagogies for creating or using technology, for the benefit of society on the African continent and beyond.

AfriCHI 2021 is for anyone interested in people’s interactions with digital technology or media, who is African, based in Africa, undertakes or wants to work on projects in Africa or with Africans.

We welcome practitioners, professionals, scholars and students in all fields and traditions that consider interactions with digital technology. This includes not only designers, engineers or analysts of software, hardware and media, but also educators in all aspects of digital life; researchers in all disciplines; change-makers, planners and managers in all sectors including government, NGOs and industries; entrepreneurs, artists, activists; and elders in grassroots or creative collectives.

AfriCHI 2021 thus invites original work moving the fields of Human-Computer Interaction and Interaction Design forward, be it through the advances of theory, methodology, or through practice, prioritizing connections with the African context.

AfriCHI 2021 is open to several types of contributions: research papers (long and short), posters, demos, panels, workshops and tutorials. We invite contributions of high international standard, presenting original work that significantly contributes to research and practice of our field in its broadest sense.

A doctoral and masters colloquium is also organized and targeted mentoring is available on request. A Student Volunteering program is also in place to ease the introduction of doctoral and masters students to our vibrant community.

Main key dates are:
●      September 15, 2020 - Submission of abstracts for research papers
●      September 28, 2020 - Submission of research papers
●      October 26, 2020 - Notifications are sent to authors
●      January 11, 2021 - Registration deadline for authors

For additional information and all other deadlines, do check:  http://africhi.org/

We hope you will join us in Maputo on 8-12 March 2021.

Abiodun Ogunyemi, Rita Orji
(technical programme co-chairs)

David Lamas, Luis Neves
(general co-chairs)