Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 2021 09:07:30 -0500
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Pranjal Jain <[log in to unmask]>
Dear All,

A Happy New Year!

--------
Participate in the 5th Asian CHI Symposium <https://asian-chi.github.io/2021/>, happening virtually from May 7th - 8th, 2021 along with CHI 2021 <https://chi2021.acm.org/>.

--------
The 5th Asian CHI Symposium is the annual symposium organized at CHI conference to showcase the latest HCI and UX works from Asia and those focusing on incorporating Asian sociocultural factors in their design and implementation.

--------
The symposium encourages researchers and practitioners from Asian professional and academic communities in all career stages (e.g., seasoned academics, early career researchers, graduate students, and even undergraduates who have interests in HCI) from Asian communities to be part of this. It also intends to foster a network of young researchers from the Bachelor to Doctoral candidates, recent graduates and postgraduate researchers.

--------
We seek your submissions of original work or showcase for the 5th Asian CHI Symposium. Selected papers will be published at the ACM Digital Library (ISBN: 978-1-4503-8203-8).

--------
For more details information about the submission, please kindly check the call for papers - <https://asian-chi.github.io/2021/cfpEn.html>

--------
We invite submissions on any of the following research themes and/or contributions within the following HCI fields, but not limited to:

- Novel interactive systems and interaction design and techniques;
- Novel hardware and software enabling new forms of interaction with computers;
- Input and output systems to support creative activities and expressions;
- Studies for understanding human capabilities related to interaction with computers;
- Knowledge, practices, methods, components, and tools that make technology more useful, usable, and desirable;
- Systems and services that address issues prominent in Asia; HCI for development or addressing issues well-known in Asia;
- HCI applications for learning, education and family in Asia;
- Playful interaction, player experience, and games;
- HCI for healthcare management, wellness, medicine;
- HCI and UX applications in the industry.

Specific application areas or domains of interest that have significant impacts in the community, e.g.: marginalized community, disability, non-human stakeholders, charities, low and middle-income people, etc.

--------
We have two rounds where researchers and practitioners could submit their work to us.

Important Dates:
Round 1
- Submission Deadline: January 28th, 2021
- Notification of Desk Reject: February 4th, 2021
- Notification of Acceptance: March 9th, 2021
---
Round 2
- Submission Deadline: February 25th, 2021
- Notification of Desk Reject: March 4th, 2021
- Notification of Acceptance: April 6th, 2021

Submission of Camera-Ready Version: April 20th, 2020
--------

If you have any query in regard to the submission, please contact Masitah Ghazali - <[log in to unmask]> or Sayan Sarcar - <[log in to unmask]>.

--------
If you are interested to become a reviewer for the 5th Asian CHI Symposium, please fill out this form: <https://bit.ly/3hZ105b>

--------
We look forward to having your participation at the symposium in May 2021.

--
Warm Regards
5th Asian CHI Symposium Team