4th Annual International GamiFIN Conference 2020 GamiFIN 2020, April 1-3, 2020, Levi, Lapland, Finland.
Deadline for posters and doctoral consortium submissions approaching January 31,2020!
Conference website: http://gamifinconference.com/
Full CFP: http://gamifinconference.com/cfp2020/
=== IMPORTANT DATES
- January 31, 2020: Deadline for poster submissions and doctoral consortium applications
- February 9, 2020: Final confirmation of acceptance of (revised) camera-ready full paper submission, posters and doctoral consortium submissions
- February 28, 2020: Registration deadline for all presenting authors (presenters of full papers, posters and doctoral consortium fellows)
- April 1-3, 2020: Conference
GamiFIN 2020 poster and doctoral consortium submission deadline closing January 31, 2020. New workshops added to the conference program.
Gamification is a multi-faceted phenomenon that affects many domains of human life. Therefore, we welcome submissions related to this ludic transformation of reality under several domains and related (but not limited) to the following keywords:
- Users: e.g. Engagement, experience, user types
- Education: e.g. Gamification in education, serious games, game-based learning, games & math
- Media: e.g. Esports, streaming, social media and gamification, gamification in journalism & media
- Commerce: e.g. Business models, free-to-play, gambling, gamification in marketing/advergaming
- Work: e.g. Organizational gamification, gameful work, gamification in leadership
- Technology: e.g. Virtual reality, augmented reality, Internet of things, wearables, AI, machine learning
- Toys & play: e.g. Toy play, toy design/creation, toys in education, internet of toys, toyfication
- Health: e.g. Quantified self, games & gamification for health
- Culture: e.g. Ludification, history of games and gamification, gamification in society
- Theories/concepts/methods: Contributions to science around gamification
- Critical approach to gamification: e.g. detrimental effects of gamification, metrification, aspects of poor quality of gamification and gamification research, extrinsic control, panopticon society
=== GENERAL INFORMATION
4th Annual International GamiFIN conference, April 1-3, 2020, Levi, Lapland, Finland!
Welcome to the gathering of international gamification research community in the Finnish Lapland, Levi. Levi is a ski resort located in Finnish Lapland, above the Arctic Circle and features incredible Finnish scenery, nature and winter activities. We hope all of our guests take the time to enjoy the surroundings and activities provided by this unique and exotic location. Organized winter activities before and/or after the main conference days will be announced later.
GamiFIN is a leading international conference for gamification research. The conference is chaired by the professor of gamification Juho Hamari and gamification scholar Jonna Koivisto. The conference is organized by the Gamification Group and past keynotes have included notable scholars from the field of Gamification such as Lennart Nacke, Frans Mäyrä, Sebastian Deterding, Richard Landers and T.L. Taylor. Keynotes of GamiFIN 2020 will be announced later.
GamiFIN 2020 conference is still accepting poster, and doctoral consortium paper submissions.
The GamiFIN conference will offer an entry to the Gamification Publication Track (http://gamifinconference.com/gamification-track/). The gamification publication track is a one of a kind, "gamified" way to develop your research paper through GamiFIN conference, HICSS Gamification Track and toward the eventual publication in an associated journal issue. The aim of the gamification publication track is to increase the predictability and rigorousness of the peer-review and publication processes by providing a concise review continuum and discussion with peers.
=== PROCEEDINGS, PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS Accepted papers will be sent for consideration for publication in CEUR Workshop Proceedings in the GamiFIN Conference volume. CEUR-WS.org is a free open-access publication service and recognized ISSN publication series, ISSN 1613-0073. (In the Finnish classification of publication forums, CEUR-WS-proceedings are classified as JUFO-1).
=== SUPPORTED AND HOSTED BY
Gamification Group, Tampere University, University of Turku and University Consortium of Pori (UCPori)
Email: [log in to unmask]
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org