From:
Stephen Snow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephen Snow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2020 12:42:17 +0000
Hi everyone,

Going to CHI? We’d love for you to consider submitting an EOI to our workshop. We’re looking for proposals for how we might make users aware of what data about them is being collected, and how it might be passed on and used. Calling all researchers working on personal informatics, privacy, consent, and any sources of emergent personal data trails.

**Please pass this on to friends and colleagues who may be interested***

CHI 2020 Workshop: Speculative Designs for Emergent Personal Data Trails: Signs, Signals and Signifiers

https://emergentdatatrails.com<https://emergentdatatrails.com/>

* Submission deadline EXTENDED: 18th February, 2020 ***ONE WEEK LEFT!!!***

* One full-day workshop held at CHI 2020, Honolulu, Hawaii, Sunday, April 26, 2020

With the rise of smart cities, the IoT, smart meters/grids and autonomous vehicles, people’s ordinary everyday actions leave increasingly intimate portraits of their habits and preferences. These personal data trails urgently necessitate the attention of designers who are tasked with acquainting users with how, where and when their personal data is collected, and the inferences that may be drawn from these traces.

​This one-day workshop will bring together researchers and practitioners to develop strategies for designing around emergent personal data trails. The purpose is to share knowledge and engage participants in the design of conventions, tools and mechanisms for safely and informedly managing and navigating emergent and near-future personal data trails.

​We invite submissions from a wide range of researchers who are working broadly in the space(s) of smart cities, smart homes, consent, privacy, surveillance, personal data, energy systems, conservation, IoT, computer vision, autonomous vehicles, consent, privacy, surveillance; anyone working in an area in which emergent personal data trails can be generated/shared/bought/sold/used and misused….

Special issue to be organised for workshop proceedings.​

* Submission
Prospective workshop participants are encouraged to submit a 2-8 page pictorial that outlines a position around a present or future data trail(s) broadly relevant to smart cities. Pictorials must be submitted in SIGCHI Extended Abstracts format, as a PDF less than 15MB. Submit your paper by email to Steve Snow- [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by 11:59pm PST 18/02/2020.

* Registration
At least one author of each accepted position paper must attend the workshop and all workshop participants must register for both the workshop and for at least one day of the conference.

* Important Dates
Submission: February 18th, 2020 (extended from 4th Feb)
Notification: February 23rd, 2020
Workshop Day: Sunday, April 26, 2020

For more info, visit: https://emergentdatatrails.com<https://emergentdatatrails.com/> or email Steve at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Dr Steve Snow
Research Fellow
Centre for Energy Data Innovation
The University of Queensland | Brisbane Queensland 4072 | Australia
Phone +61 417 079 392 | email [log in to unmask] | web www.itee.uq.edu.au<http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/>
CRICOS Provider Number 00025B