CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
iLRNFuser 2020 Online Game Jam
Open to university/college students and recent graduates
(graduated within the last 12 months)
iLRNFuser is the official Online Game Jam series of the Immersive Learning Research Network (iLRN at http://immersivelrn.org). The series provides opportunities for university/college student teams from around the world, participating remotely from their own physical locations, to engage in a hackathon-style game-development marathons. Founded in the spirit of global solidarity and cooperation, iLRNFuser brings together people representing diverse backgrounds, interests, and skill sets to creatively express themselves as well as promote shared understanding through the universal medium of video games. Each Jam in the series addresses a theme linked to one or more the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (see https://immersivelrn.org/ilrnfuser/#un-sdgs).
The inaugural iLRNFuser 2020 Game Jam will be held in conjunction with the iLRN 2020 Virtual Conference (http://immersivelrn.org/ilrn2020), with the Jam itself taking place the week before the conference (June 14 to 21, 2020). The theme will be announced via the iLRN website on Sunday, June 14, and teams will have one week to design and produce their games addressing the theme.
More information about the upcoming Jam and how to participate can be found at: http://immersivelrn.org/ilrnfuser/ilrnfuser-2020
Awards will be presented to the winning (first place) and runner-up (second place) teams. All teams that submit a game will receive certificates of participation.
*** "Any individual can learn to play and design games, but it takes a real team to achieve success" ***
### Important Dates ###
- Team registration deadline: June 12, 2020 (participants must also register for the iLRN 2020 conference by this date, which they can do for free if not already presenting at the conference)
- Kickoff and theme announcement: June 14, 2020, 9:00am US Pacific Time (iLRN website)
- Game submission deadline: June 21, 2020, 9:00am US Pacific Time (itch.io website)
- Games on display at iLRN 2020 Virtual Conference; voting open: June 22 to 24, 2020 (iLRN Virtual Campus, powered by VirBELA)
- Finalist showcase and announcement of winners: June 24, 2020 (iLRN Virtual Campus, powered by VirBELA)
### Important Links ###
1. Submit team details to the iLRNFuser2020 team. Compete the Team Registration Form here: https://forms.gle/aACxV5u9VYP3pcMh7
2. Register and create your team's itch.io page here: https://itch.io/register
3. Join/Follow the iLRNFuser2020 itch.io page here: https://itch.io/jam/ilrnfuser2020
4. Join the #ilrnfuser-game-jams channel on the iLRN Discord server here: https://discord.gg/yvHN58
### Contact ###
Inquiries may be directed to the iLRNFuser Director, Markos Mentzelopoulos (University of Westminster, UK) at [log in to unmask] .
If you would like to receive updates about future iLRNFuser Game Jams and other iLRN activities, please consider joining iLRN to be added to our network and mailing list. Basic individual membership is free of charge: https://immersivelrn.org/get-involved/membership/
(Sent to [log in to unmask])
| ALBURY-WODONGA | BATHURST | BRISBANE | CANBERRA | DUBBO | GOULBURN | MELBOURNE | ORANGE | PORT MACQUARIE | SYDNEY | WAGGA WAGGA |
This email (and any attachment) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any confidentiality is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery. Email should be checked for viruses and defects before opening. Charles Sturt University does not accept liability for viruses or any consequence which arise as a result of this email transmission. Email communications with Charles Sturt University may be subject to automated email filtering, which could result in the delay or deletion of a legitimate email before it is read at Charles Sturt University. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily those of Charles Sturt University.
Charles Sturt University in Australia The Grange Chancellery, Panorama Avenue, Bathurst NSW Australia 2795 (ABN: 83 878 708 551; CRICOS Provider Number: 00005F (National)). TEQSA Provider Number: PV12018
Consider the environment before printing this email.
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org