CPS-IoT Week 2020 non-NSF Student Travel Grant
A limited number of student travel grants are available for students from institutions not supported by the NSF grant to attend CPS-IoT Week 2020. Applicants will be automatically evaluated for different awards internally.
Application deadline : March 06, 2020 (11:59pm Eastern Time)
Notification of acceptance: March 10, 2020
Acceptance of awards: March 16, 2020 (11:59 pm Eastern Time)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
* The support is intended to partially cover the costs of attending and participating in the CPS-IoT Week 2020
* Students receiving travel awards may be expected to volunteer at CPS-IoT Week 2020. Such volunteer tasks will not interfere with attendance at the conference sessions
* Students can only receive at most one travel grant to attend CPS-IoT Week 2020
* Note also that the award recipients will need to pay for the expenses ahead of time and get reimbursed after the conference
* The only travel expenses that reimbursements can be used towards are: transportation, hotel, and conference registration
* The exact number of awards will depend on the availability of funds and will be determined as funding amounts are finalized
* Successful applicants will receive an award letter by email together with instructions on how to receive partial refunds, which will be issued to the person or institution that covered the expenses. Note that the student's institution or advisor is expected to cover the remaining expenses for the travel if the travel grant does not completely cover it.
* The applicant's field of study must be related to CPS-IoT Week
* The applicant must be a full-time student in good standing at a recognized institution of higher education
* The student may be pursuing an undergraduate or a graduate degree
* The applicant must be an ACM SIGBED member to be eligible for SIGBED awards (SIGBED undergrads may also apply to: https://sigbed.org/index.php/studentaward/)
* Applicants outside of US receive preference; others will be considered
* Applicants who belong to groups that are under-represented in STEM receive preference (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science,_technology,_engineering,_and_mathematic)
* Students who have not attended a CPS-IoT/CPS Week in the past receive preference
* Authors who are not presenting a paper or whose papers were not selected for publication at a CPS-IoT Week conference receive preference
* Consideration will be given to those who demonstrate a well-justified financial need
HOW TO APPLY
1. The applicant must fill out the application form and upload a CV and SOP here: https://forms.gle/xYjiXgdUa9zuTbDG9
2. Applicants should request their academic/research advisor to send an email to "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" with the subject "CPS-IoT Week Non-NSF Travel Award Support Letter" and no more than a few sentences response to each question below (bullet point response appreciated with a maximum limit of one page):
a. Name of the student applicant, degree program enrolled this semester, and a statement stating the student is under his/her supervision.
b. Does the student belong to a group that is under-represented in STEM? If yes, describe.
c. Please describe how the student plans to participate at CPS-IoT Week.
d. Why would the student benefit from the support?
e. Do you strongly support the application from this student for this travel award?
f. Any additional statements in support of this application?
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org