PODC Archives

ACM PODC Participants List

PODC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Suomela Jukka <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Suomela Jukka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2023 13:49:30 +0000
Postdocs in the theory of distributed & parallel computing
https://research.cs.aalto.fi/da/jobs/

The research group of Jukka Suomela at Aalto University (Helsinki, Finland) is among the leading research groups in the areas of theory of distributed and parallel computing. Our work frequently appears in the top conferences of the field, and we have received a number of awards, e.g. the best paper award at FOCS 2019.

Our research group is now looking for postdoctoral researchers to work on the foundations of distributed and parallel computing, in the project "Limits of Causal Computation" funded by the Research Council of Finland. The candidates are expected to have a doctoral degree and relevant publications in leading conferences or journals. A good command of English is necessary. In addition to research work, postdocs participate in the supervision of students and teaching. The salary for the position is between 3942.55 and 4118.93 EUR per month depending on experience and qualifications. These are fixed-term contracts typically for 1–2 years.

The starting dates of the contracts are negotiable, and we can offer flexible terms of employment. In addition to the salary, the contracts include occupational health benefits. Finland has a comprehensive social security system and is particularly suitable for families. Diversity is part of who we are, and we actively work to ensure our community's diversity and inclusiveness in the future as well; this is why we warmly encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to join our community.

To apply for the positions, please send an email to [log in to unmask] by December 20, 2023. Your application should be a single PDF file that contains a cover letter, your CV and list of publications, a brief research statement, and the relevant transcripts of studies and certificates of the degrees. Please also ask two or three senior academics to send their recommendation letters to the same email address, by the same deadline. While all applicants who have submitted an application by the deadline will be appropriately considered, Aalto University reserves the right to consider also other candidates for the announced positions.

For more information, please contact:

Jukka Suomela
Associate Professor
Department of Computer Science
Aalto University

If you don't already have a password for the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server, we recommend
that you create one now. A LISTSERV password is linked to your email
address and can be used to access the web interface and all the lists to
which you are subscribed on the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server.

To create a password, visit:

https://LISTSERV.ACM.ORG/SCRIPTS/WA-ACMLPX.CGI?GETPW1

Once you have created a password, you can log in and view or change your
subscription settings at:

https://LISTSERV.ACM.ORG/SCRIPTS/WA-ACMLPX.CGI?SUBED1=PODC